Fillings whilst preggers

:hi: hope you don't mind me popping in :blush: i had a filling a few weeks ago, the options were either a temporary non-silver cap then to wait until after breastfeeding to have a silver filling put in, or to have a white filling (which i opted for) cost me £60 and looks just like tooth so really happy with it. They should use an anesthetic that is approved during pregnancy - they had to reassure me about 5 times (including when he had the needle poised to inject me!) that it was completely safe lol

i was told by the dentist that they don't do silver because of the risk to the baby from the mercury in the filling x

I had my first adult filling done last month and the dentist did a sort of amalgam one which is a bit grey/blue in colour.... wanted a white one but they said i had to pay 90 quid!! cheeky sods eh

I ended up not having the treatment after telling the dentist about my concerns. Gott go back after baby is born so have that to look forward to!! Xx

hi - the old nhs fillings contain mercury which is a big no-no, however newer white ones are better. one filling is fine - so my dentist assured me when i was having one done at about 15 weeks. just check it's not the mercury ones.

Tell your dentist that you're pregnant so he can decide on the best type of treatment if you do have any problems which need treating. Although there is no evidence that mercury amalgam fillings are a health risk, these are not recommended during pregnancy, just in case. Your dentist can suggest alternative fillings if you need them.

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/isitsafeto/fillingsdentistexpert/

Thankful for this thread! I'm ttc and think that there's a very high chance I could be pregnant because of all these cramps (but I don't know yet - can't test for another few days still). I had to get a filling today and was wondering if it could screw with implantation or would be bad if I was just newly implanted. Anyways- I think after reading this I probably don't need to worry. I'm glad I got it done now (before a pregnancy is confirmed) than later after finding out.

I'm horrified now, my fillings I had done at 12 weeks were silver and 2 of them were replacements and I'm sure I swallowed bits. I had no idea it was bad for the baby and the dentist knew I was pregnant and never said anything, I could just cry, stupid me for not doing research first :cry:

Yeh im pretty scared, iv been to the dentist today and had a filling, dentist lady said it was all safe and fine, but just realised i have a blue/grey color filling :( she knew i was pregnant aswell, so part of me is saying she wouldnt of given it me if she didnt think it was safe.

I had 2 White fillings when I was 12 weeks pregnant, my dentist said something about not being able to carry out a 'normal' filling due to it containing mercury or something xxx

Great iv got myself in a right panick now lol my filling is a grey/blue type colour one. :(

i had a shallow filling done last week, no anaesthetic and she caught my nerve at one point, but it was done to prevent the filling getting deeper and was fine. I'd never get serious work done in pregnancy if i can help it. Ive got a silver filling, i;ve got loads all over actually, but i can see the sense in having white ones done if possible - i forgot to ask and given they didnt want to inject i assumed the silver ones were fine if they said nothing about that.

My dentist wouldnt do any work while Im pregnant, just had a look and gave them a bit of a clean, got to go back after LO is here to have teeth out etc... ouch!x

Wish I hadnt had it done now :( all iv done is google stuff that say u shouldnt have any silver ones, guesing it will be ok as dentist wouldnt of dne it. x

i had a filling put in a couple of weeks ago. And mentioned i wouldnt be able to have a metal filling as i was pregnant. So he gave me a white filling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"