Filshie clips and pregnant?

Missalissa86

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I have to admit I have not been on this site in YEARS! I got filshie clips put in about 6 months ago. A couple weeks ago I started showing all my typical signs of early pregnancy. Assumed I was just getting sick, stressed, anything besides pregnant. After 3 different people close to me noticed the signs and started asking "are you sure you aren't pregnant?" I decided to test.Then again. And again. Over the last week I have had 3 positive tests (of varying shades) the last one about 3 days ago. I am now almost a week late for my period, am still having crazy symptoms, but tested negative this morning. While I know miscarriage is a HUGE possibility this doesn't feel/act like any of the other 9 miscarriages I've had. Can't get in with the OB for 2 weeks! Basically wondering....has anyone else experienced something like this with the filshie clips or personally know someone who has? How did it turn out? TIA!

I had to google what filshie clips were because I'd never heard of them before.. Goes without saying that I've never heard of this happening but does the OBGYN know about the clips? I have zero understanding of how they work, I read a single sentence about them. I've hear of conceiving after vasectomy and while I don't know the odds with the clips my concern would be a tubal pregnancy. Is this a potential risk with them? I hope you can get seen soon, I would want to know for sure.

Ectopic pregnancies are VERY high possibility after filshie clips! However I am not showing any signs of that either. The OB I am waiting to see is the one who put the clips on my tubes. All I really know about them is that they are 2 small metal clips that "clamp" your tubes shut so no eggs can get through. HOWEVER I personally know 3 people whose clamps popped off. None of them got pregnant to my knowledge, but nonetheless.....and given that I have been pregnant 14 times and I have had 3 positive tests I am VERY worried that I am victim of clip failure. It just seems so odd that I suddenly had a negative this morning though. Normally I start to bleed and cramp extremely heavily before my test goes negative. I'm in a bit of a pickle so can't go to the ER unless I end up in unbearable pain/crazy bleeding/etc. Kind of have no choice but to wait the 2 weeks to find out for sure what is going on. In the meantime....should I test again? Maybe the negative was the fluke? AGH I just don't know!!! lol

What made me think that was having positive tests and then negative. It could be a MC but I've also heard people have that with ectopic as well. I'm so sorry you've had losses, I hope you get answers soon. Maybe your dr can book you sooner if you tell them how concerned you are?

I will call again tomorrow and see what they can do :) P.S want pics of the tests just for fun? lol

You could possibly be pregnant since its only been 6 months since youve had the clips. I would definitely test again just to see whats going on.

Thanks ladies :) Pretty sure the positive tests were just flukes but we shall see!

I was always told you can get false negatives but really rare to get a false positive. IDK. Wish you the best though!

There's absolutely no reason your OB can't see you like, today. That makes no sense. With any suspected ectopic, or pregnancy while a semi permanent birth control device is in place, you need to get in fast.

It isn't safe to "just wait and see." Call and tell them you need to be seen immediately to sort out what's going on. At the very least they need to offer you a quant test. From there if you test positive they need to do ultrasound same day.

Don't take no for an answer. Especially if this OB is the one that placed those devices.

We are sort of out in the boonies so the OB's here are a little more laid back. I just got the babies down for a nap though so I will call again now :)

I think 'laid back' or not you should be seen to immediately. It could be the difference between a miscarriage or not.

All the best, let us know how you get on xx

UGH babies came right back up from their nap, littlest one choking on mucus :( After taking care of DD, getting boys from school, homework, snacks, etc I sat down to try and call again and they closed office an hour early today!!!! Looks like that will be call ONE tomorrow once boys are off to school!

I think 'laid back' or not you should be seen to immediately. It could be the difference between a miscarriage or not.

All the best, let us know how you get on xx

I agree. Although I'd be far more concerned about tubal rupture! If ectopic pregnancies are a "common" result of failure of this method, that could mean life or death not just the potential fetus, but the mother herself.

I live rurally as well (as in 45 minute drive in any direction to get to a healthcare facility). That's all the more reason to get in NOW. Most women won't survive 45 minutes after a tubal rupture, and they can come out of nowhere. If you had multiple positive pregnancy tests you need to confirm whats going on. Catching something like that early isn't something to debate or be wishy washy/laid back about.

I hope you got your call in this morning and are there or on your way now.

Ok got my call in while in the waiting room for DD appointment. I can get in for bloodwork tomorrow! She is confused but not overly scared as I'm having such conflicting test results, period is a week late so tests should have been more definitive by now, and I'm showing no signs of ectopic. She isn't ruling it out though and hopefully soon I will have some answers!

Ok got my call in while in the waiting room for DD appointment. I can get in for bloodwork tomorrow! She is confused but not overly scared as I'm having such conflicting test results, period is a week late so tests should have been more definitive by now, and I'm showing no signs of ectopic. She isn't ruling it out though and hopefully soon I will have some answers!

Glad to see you are being proactive about it. Hope it all works out. Keep us updated x

I know that you have your appointment now, but how come you can't go see a general practitioner/family doctor, does it have to be an OB?

I had my tubes tied when I had Emma so this is a big worry of mine! Best of luck.

I know that you have your appointment now, but how come you can't go see a general practitioner/family doctor, does it have to be an OB?

I had my tubes tied when I had Emma so this is a big worry of mine! Best of luck.

Because it is such a serious concern and very specific area, a PC Doctor feels that it would be better handled by someone more trained in that area I think?

any updates? stalking your testing thread and this one lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->