Finally, a WONDERFUL Midwife!!!!!

MrsPOP

Mummy to Alice
Reaction score
At my MW appt 2 weeks ago, the new MW I had seen in my GP surgery was concerned about my BP and also about my mental health (FYI: My mother is terminally ill with skin cancer and Im trying to cope if I can but its a struggle), so she booked a home visit with me today.

She was AMAAAAAZING. She really listened to me and took all my fears on board. Im very aware that I am at high risk of developing PND and have already said to my DH he needs to be aware of how Im doing mentally once our LO is here because if I do develop it, I want it acted upon and fast.

She's quite concerned about that too and has given me lots of info about what I can do to prevent it antenatally and a big thing is diet and exercise.I must admit, with the pressure I am under diet and exercise have been very low on my list of priorities but I will talk to DH when he gets home and see if we can manage to make things a bit better for the both of us with regards to eating healthier and exercising more.

She also chatted to me about BF. I was telling her I want to BF and she immediately said 'Laura, that's great. But you know if you do struggle with it then I dont want you to put too much pressure on yourself about it, your mental health is priority here'!!!! HOW AMAZING IS THAT! I love it, she supports my choice of BF but if I struggle (a big big BIG fear of mine) she's not going to put loads of pressure on me. YAY!

Then she also asked if anyone has spoken to me about homebirthing and I said no but I didnt want one and she said that it was fine. She said she wasnt a big fan of homebirthing either because she agrees with me that hospital births are safer and understands how that alleviates the anxieties of some women! I LOVE HER! I know that'll probably piss a lot of the homebirthing mums out there and its not intentional but Ive had a few run ins on here about my wishing to hospital birth and was scared I was going to be lectured about it by her but she was great. She understands Im a sensible girl and as she said' 'its your body, you do what you want as long as you and baby are safe'.

Its so refreshing. Ive had such SHIT care before I met this MW and now I feel I have every faith in her to look after me properly. how wonderful! :)

Aw that's brilliant. It makes such a difference if you have support from your midwife. It is great to read such a positive story after so many not-so-good midwives mentioned on here.

Sorry about your mum, such a horrible thing to go through, I can only imagine how tough. I saw my grandma through terminal lung/brain cancer and that was awful as she was a third parent to me. But being your mum must be harder.

It is great you can put steps in place for support if you do suffer PND, I hope you don't though.

That's wonderful :) It must be great to know you have someone there who you can trust and talk to openly, and who will be understanding and supportive :thumbup:

Thanks guys, it does make a massive difference having that support. Its such a shame it seems to be a rarity than a commonplace occurence.

ProudMum, did you send me a PM t'other day? I cant seem to find it in my inbox!

It sure is a shame that it's a rarity. My midwife is really nice so I'm lucky too. Although she is a little quiet and seems a sort of nervous person. But better than the one with my first son who spoke to my boobs instead of my eyes :haha:

I sent you a public message on your profile :)

Lol, you must have great boobs then :haha:

Ah yes, so you did...silly baby brain!!!!

That's fab Hun,I luckily have had the best mw I couldve found since day one as she was the mw that came round to see me when I mc'd so I instantly asked her to do my care when I got my bfp.I found out last week that she actually delivered me lol so she's been there since day one really.how mad is that lol xx

At my MW appt 2 weeks ago, the new MW I had seen in my GP surgery was concerned about my BP and also about my mental health (FYI: My mother is terminally ill with skin cancer and Im trying to cope if I can but its a struggle), so she booked a home visit with me today.

She was AMAAAAAZING. She really listened to me and took all my fears on board. Im very aware that I am at high risk of developing PND and have already said to my DH he needs to be aware of how Im doing mentally once our LO is here because if I do develop it, I want it acted upon and fast.

She's quite concerned about that too and has given me lots of info about what I can do to prevent it antenatally and a big thing is diet and exercise.I must admit, with the pressure I am under diet and exercise have been very low on my list of priorities but I will talk to DH when he gets home and see if we can manage to make things a bit better for the both of us with regards to eating healthier and exercising more.

She also chatted to me about BF. I was telling her I want to BF and she immediately said 'Laura, that's great. But you know if you do struggle with it then I dont want you to put too much pressure on yourself about it, your mental health is priority here'!!!! HOW AMAZING IS THAT! I love it, she supports my choice of BF but if I struggle (a big big BIG fear of mine) she's not going to put loads of pressure on me. YAY!

Then she also asked if anyone has spoken to me about homebirthing and I said no but I didnt want one and she said that it was fine. She said she wasnt a big fan of homebirthing either because she agrees with me that hospital births are safer and understands how that alleviates the anxieties of some women! I LOVE HER! I know that'll probably piss a lot of the homebirthing mums out there and its not intentional but Ive had a few run ins on here about my wishing to hospital birth and was scared I was going to be lectured about it by her but she was great. She understands Im a sensible girl and as she said' 'its your body, you do what you want as long as you and baby are safe'.

Its so refreshing. Ive had such SHIT care before I met this MW and now I feel I have every faith in her to look after me properly. how wonderful! :)

its great that youve finally met one of the nice ones!! im still, yet to find one where i am! midwifes are here to empower and provide choice for the mum, not to judge or lecture us if we chose the one that is less benefitial, or "the norm". at the end of the day its our choice what we do and how we raise our chicldren be it religion or the biggie of starting topics of BF or FF. im glad you have a decent mw as it does make all the difference, and its horrible when you get a moody one that just doesnt care. i moved from worcester hospital to birmingham, and i wish i was still back there, they listened to me, and i have a history of severe depression but it seems that up here, they just dont give to flying fucks. if i get PND, i get it. but i will speak up if i feel like im going down hill. with whats goin on in my life too, im suprised im not feeling like pure crap, but its hard to try and focus on whats going to happen.

i hope that your care continues like this.....and maybe you can lend me your midwife for an hour hehe. :hugs:xxx

I think I did yes :D Well, although I liked them :haha: It wasn't just me, my sister had her too and she did the same to her. Maybe she just had issues with talking to people whilst looking them in the eye. No idea.
Aw, he he. Baby brain. I get that too.

I think I did yes :D Well, although I liked them :haha: It wasn't just me, my sister had her too and she did the same to her. Maybe she just had issues with talking to people whilst looking them in the eye. No idea.
Aw, he he. Baby brain. I get that too.

Ah you're lucky. I know people talk to my boobs now if I see them looking around my ankle region :cry: :rofl:

you should nominate her for that nct midwife of the year thing :)

Is that a real thing? If so, I totally will...she's ace!

yes :) they should have the form at your doctors/midwifes office. i think its a green form but cant remember

She sounds just lovely!! I've been to the same midwife the whole way through and she has been fantastic, it definitely makes it easier when you know that they're appraochable and supportive :flower:

Thats great hun! nice to know the good mw's still exist x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->