Finally + after a loss...but is it a chemical? :(

LuBru

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first time posting. I have read so many threads online as a "lurker" and finally signed up to participate.

I have been TTC with endometriosis for 9 months. I am 32 and my husband is 40; this will be our first child. I finally got pregnant but had a miscarriage in October. Now I am pregnant again but the lines on a FRER are faint and it's not looking good.

The images I'm uploading are taken at 12DPO (AM) and 14DPO (PM). The 14DPO test was a tiny bit darker but still extremely faint. I have been having light brown spotting/CM since 11DPO which is how my miscarriage started too.

I'm just twisted up inside with worry. Is there any chance that this could be a positive scenario with a viable pregnancy? Or should I accept the inevitable? It seems like FRER should be darker at 14DPO from what everyone says online.

Attachments

• IMG_4967.jpg
    IMG_4967.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4978.jpg
    IMG_4978.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 54
Those tests look EXACTLY like mine at around the same stage with my last pregnancy. I thought for sure I was having a chemical but I am holding my 6 month old as I type this. If you look though my threads the one titled "evap or bfp" is the one where I thought I was in for a chemical too.
I know what you re feeling and the anguish but don't give up hope just yet! Anyway you can get some bloodwork done to see what your hcg levels are like??
I wish you the best of luck! Really hope this is your sticky bean

My lines take forever to get dark, and spotting like that can positively indicate implantation. I didn't have a frer like that this pregnancy until about 20dpo! Everybody is different, I tend to implant very late. I am hoping this is your rainbow baby :)

There fine for 14dpo! Brown blood is old blood so nothing to worry about. Xx

The progression looks fine for how early you are. Everyone's tests do different things. Despite the spotting, I wouldn't worry just yet.

Thank you *so much* everyone for your kind words and support. I would have needed that badly if it had turned out differently, but this morning I took another FRER with FMU and unfortunately it was negative...no line...so I guess it is a chemical. Thank you again. <3

I don't want to get your hopes up (I also don't want to say that because I sound like I'm being mean!) but is there any chance your fmu isn't that good? Because I have seen plenty of times ladies getting much clearer results with their afternoon or evening pee rather than their fmu.
I didn't test with my first until I was a couple of weeks late and the line I got on that test was much fainter than I expected it to be for how late I was. I also had spotting/light bleeding with all of my children, I also had one miscarriage which was vastly different - the spotting turned into proper bleeding quite quickly and didn't ease. Everyone is different of course with every pregnancy, successful or otherwise. Perhaps it's worth testing once more in a couple of days during the afternoon?

Perhaps it's worth testing once more in a couple of days during the afternoon?

I love everyone on this forum - you offer so much hope and support. :hugs: Thank you!!

However I just so highly doubt that a viable pregnancy could come out of a negative FRER on 15DPO after previous positives. Although I am so sad to have another loss, it helped a lot to see the negative because until then I was holding on to every last hope and searching through the internet again and again. Now I can let it go and try to move on. :cry: I'll still wait to see if and when AF arrives, but no more tests for me. Thank you.

I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

I hope you get your sticky bean soon! As a mother of many angels I know how the disappointment feels and I can only hope for the best for you in the future :flower:

Oh no, I was going to say the progression looked ok. But a negative on CD15 isn't a good sign. I had a chemical Feb/March 2016 and things just never got dark. There seemed to be a tiny amount of progress, and then everything got lighter and then my period came. Chemicals are so hard. It gives hope, and then it gets taken away. :hugs: The good thing is you can get pregnant! Maybe ask to see if you can use progesterone suppositories after confirmed ovulation. That was one of my issues (and there's some research that says women with endometriosis can have low progesterone). It can't hurt to look into. :hugs:

I'm so sorry Hun,I know it probably doesn't help but getting those lines is a positive thing even if they don't stick as u know it can happen and it's not not happening at all,endometriosis can sometimes make it not happen for a very long time but ur body is trying and wanting this just as much as u do,so there is always hope for next month xx

Thanks everyone, just updating to say that AF arrived today in case anyone reading this in the future wonders how soon after a chemical AF comes. For me it was right on schedule. Thanks again &#10084;

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->