Finally bit the bullet and seen a dr

Nataliieexo

Reaction score
So I went to the Drs last cycle because my cycles are irregular some 90+ days some 50+ and now my periods are longer than normal the longest being 3 weeks. I've had blood tests and ultrasounds for PCOS before as I have all the symptoms but the blood tests and scans came back fine. She said last time it could be a case of secondary infertility and to give her time to look through my notes which I did, I went back today for another matter and metioned I had finished a 17 day bleed. She basically blanked that and then when I said also they are not like my normal periods there is no cramp now whereas for years I have been ill with cramps the first day, the 3 days of spotting beforehand is new, as is the long bleeding, to which she said well sometimes are cycles change. That's fine but I then mentioned I decided to start temping last cycle and had no sign of ovulation, she basically blanked that and said I can do you a cd21 blood test to see if your ovulating but because you already have a little boy there's nothing much we can do.

Now I feel stupid for even going to the Drs about it because I don't feel like I'm going to get anywhere.

What an unsatisfying appointment that must have been. Was it a gynaecologist or just a regular doctor? Even if you weren't TTC, bleeding for 17 days is not normal and I can't believe her answer would be "cycles change". I am infuriated for you! I would push to see a different doctor or gynaecologist. Good luck...I hope you can be seen by someone who knows what they're talking about and get some answers!

I hate my doctor too but I insisted on being referred to a fertility clinic and now I'm just waiting for the call.

She was just a regular dr, I have been seeing her for another thing I have going on and she has been fab but with this she isn't, I felt more confident about it the first time I saw her but this time not so much, I get my blood test on the 21st, she said if I ovulated that would be all they would be doing and if I didn't then maybe a blood test next cycle incase they missed the window, when I was ttc my son in 2013 the 3 normal cycles I had I ovulated cd16, cd18 and then cd21 but like I said I charted last cycle and it didn't show anything but it will be my luck I will have ovulated and it won't be looked at any further although I don't think I have, my little boy has been poorly so my temps are inaccurate for the past 3 days due to multiple wake ups and forgetting to take it.

I even said to her even if I wasn't ttc I would still want to know what's wrong with my cycles, they were like this all my teenage years but the answer was take the pill etc so nothing was ever looked at properly x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->