Finally got amnio results

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by erikab922, Nov 18, 2011.

1. erikab922

erikab922 Well-Known Member

We had amnio on 1 November so was expecting test results at least by today. I'm not usually the kind to bug people for things but I couldn't go another weekend without knowing so I called the newborn screening adviser at Harrogate and she said she didn't have the results yet but she'd call the lab. Got back to me 5 minutes later with the awesome news that everything is A-OK.

I feel like I've been putting this pregnancy on hold in a way because of the amnio and the possibility of bad results but now I feel like I am officially pregnant!

2. Wantapink1

Wantapink1 Mum of 2 soon to be 3 x

Congrats on the good news xx

3. beanzz

beanzz Mama to 2

Yay thats great news! so glad everything's okay. did they find out the sex form the amnio also? my SIL is high risk and just recently had her amnio and is finding out the sex that way too, providing everything is ok of course.

4. no drama mama

no drama mama Well-Known Member

Woohoo!!! Congrats! The wait is awful, isn't it?

5. youngmommy2

youngmommy2 Guest

thats such great news hun congrats!

6. swalumni

swalumni Mama of Two

What a relief! We had the same thing. Congrats. :)

7. happygal

happygal mum of 3

congratulations hun x

8. April2012

April2012 I have a beautiful boy!

I am so happy for you! the amnio does give such a relief for those particular life-altering defects/disorders. That is a whole set of problems you DON'T need to worry about any longer! congrats!!

9. Unbridled

Unbridled Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

10. erikab922

They didn't find out, the coordinator said they don't test for that any more - someone else on here said they told her the same thing at her hospital (that they haven't tested for it since September) so I don't know if it's an NHS-wide or specific to my hospital. I've got a gender scan booked for next week so I'll have a team and everything!

11. erikab922

Total nightmare, I kept having horrible pregnancy/hospital-related dreams and I'm convinced it was due to all of this.

12. no drama mama

no drama mama Well-Known Member

At least it's over now and you can start shopping soon! I know what you mean about feeling like the pregnancy's on hold - it's horrible but in a way, it almost makes you more thankful once you know everything's ok. It took me almost a month after the CVS to start buying stuff but now I can't stop!

13. beanzz

beanzz Mama to 2

aw well at least you got good results that was the most important thing :flower: how exciting you'll be able to start shopping then ! :happydance:

14. babyv_s2012

babyv_s2012 1st little princess

Thats brilliant news!!! So pleased for you!!:hugs:

15. Gem_Clem

Gem_Clem Well-Known Member

Aww congratulations! Thats amazing news. Enjoy the rest of ur pregnancy x

16. Kristin52

Kristin52 Well-Known Member

That's great!!!!! Congratulations!!!

17. April2012

April2012 I have a beautiful boy!

I wonder if that has become policy to prevent people from wanting an amnio soley to find out sex??? Just a guess. I do know that one of the conditions tested for with my amnio was a sex chromosome abnormality in which they see if there is an extra sex chromosome. I believe it is called klinefelter's syndrome. By virtue of testing for that disorder, they would inevitably know the sex. However, I think I elected to test for this...so it may not be standard testing in an amnio.

18. Maple Leaf

Maple Leaf Guest

Congrats Erika! The wait must have driven you mad - you would hope they would have contacted you sooner if there had been any concerns. At least you can relax now.! So pleased for you. x

19. erikab922

I know in the hospital trust on the other side of town they don't tell people the gender because there are some groups who tend to abort baby girls so they have stopped giving out gender results (which always seem a bit mean as you can still go get a private gender scan).

I didn't get a choice of what I wanted to have tested or I would have tested that for sure - that's interesting, will have to look into that!