Finally got amnio results

erikab922

Reaction score
We had amnio on 1 November so was expecting test results at least by today. I'm not usually the kind to bug people for things but I couldn't go another weekend without knowing so I called the newborn screening adviser at Harrogate and she said she didn't have the results yet but she'd call the lab. Got back to me 5 minutes later with the awesome news that everything is A-OK.

I feel like I've been putting this pregnancy on hold in a way because of the amnio and the possibility of bad results but now I feel like I am officially pregnant!

Yay thats great news! so glad everything's okay. did they find out the sex form the amnio also? my SIL is high risk and just recently had her amnio and is finding out the sex that way too, providing everything is ok of course.

I am so happy for you! the amnio does give such a relief for those particular life-altering defects/disorders. That is a whole set of problems you DON'T need to worry about any longer! congrats!!

Yay thats great news! so glad everything's okay. did they find out the sex form the amnio also? my SIL is high risk and just recently had her amnio and is finding out the sex that way too, providing everything is ok of course.

They didn't find out, the coordinator said they don't test for that any more - someone else on here said they told her the same thing at her hospital (that they haven't tested for it since September) so I don't know if it's an NHS-wide or specific to my hospital. I've got a gender scan booked for next week so I'll have a team and everything!

At least it's over now and you can start shopping soon! I know what you mean about feeling like the pregnancy's on hold - it's horrible but in a way, it almost makes you more thankful once you know everything's ok. It took me almost a month after the CVS to start buying stuff but now I can't stop!

They didn't find out, the coordinator said they don't test for that any more - someone else on here said they told her the same thing at her hospital (that they haven't tested for it since September) so I don't know if it's an NHS-wide or specific to my hospital. I've got a gender scan booked for next week so I'll have a team and everything!

aw well at least you got good results that was the most important thing :flower: how exciting you'll be able to start shopping then ! :happydance:

Aww congratulations! Thats amazing news. Enjoy the rest of ur pregnancy x

I wonder if that has become policy to prevent people from wanting an amnio soley to find out sex??? Just a guess. I do know that one of the conditions tested for with my amnio was a sex chromosome abnormality in which they see if there is an extra sex chromosome. I believe it is called klinefelter's syndrome. By virtue of testing for that disorder, they would inevitably know the sex. However, I think I elected to test for this...so it may not be standard testing in an amnio.

Congrats Erika! The wait must have driven you mad - you would hope they would have contacted you sooner if there had been any concerns. At least you can relax now.! So pleased for you. x

I wonder if that has become policy to prevent people from wanting an amnio soley to find out sex??? Just a guess. I do know that one of the conditions tested for with my amnio was a sex chromosome abnormality in which they see if there is an extra sex chromosome. I believe it is called klinefelter's syndrome. By virtue of testing for that disorder, they would inevitably know the sex. However, I think I elected to test for this...so it may not be standard testing in an amnio.

I know in the hospital trust on the other side of town they don't tell people the gender because there are some groups who tend to abort baby girls so they have stopped giving out gender results (which always seem a bit mean as you can still go get a private gender scan).

I didn't get a choice of what I wanted to have tested or I would have tested that for sure - that's interesting, will have to look into that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->