Finally have our family of 4! Long one!

Mrnmrsm

TTC#2
Reaction score
We finally had our second little boy 10th December!

I had a sweep 5th Dec, 2 days before due date. I was 2cm and 50% effaced. Lost my show that night and had niggly pains. Continued to loose my plug for the next 2 days. The 'period'pains stopped and started till the Friday night.

Saturday 6pm - I walked to my mum's with my other little boy while hubby went the gym. I got my first pain walking round.
9pm - I couldn't speak through them so left little boy with my mum and we went home to get on the ball and have a bath. I finally went into delivery at midnight as I thought my waters had started to trickle.
Sunday 12:15am - I was on the monitor in triage, contractions coming every 3 mins.
1am - my back waters broke... gushed! So they examined me and gave me a sweep, I was still 2cm and baby's head was blocking my cervix he was so far down.
2am - I was transferred the ward as wasn't classed as in labour. So we walked the floors and stairs.
5am - my contractions STOPPED and I mean just came to a hold! Yet my waters were still leaking out.
9am - my front waters went. Contractions still no where to be seen so Dr told me that they would transfer me to delivery suite and start me on the drip... my midwife lead water birth was out the window but by this time I was fed up and would of agreed to a c section at that point!
5pm - midwife advised me to have a bath and it will either relax me enough to sleep as I was contracting every 15 mins or so, or get things moving.
8pm - I was transferred to delivery for the drip... By the time I'd walked there I was contracting every 4 mins!
9:30pm - contractions were 2 mins apart and she started the drip on 1ml with intentions to double it every 30 mins.
Monday 1am - I was still on 1ml and on gas and air and physically and mentally worn out so asked for the epidural to sleep. They checked me and I was 3-4cm. I got off the bed stood up and got huge pressure like I needed to push but was checked again and i was 5cm.
1:30am - epidural was fitted... failed! Was taken out and tried again. It was rubbish! Worked nothing like my first!
4am - I was sick and started feeling contractions again so told midwife this is it I'm fully dilated I was exactly the same last labour.. I was right. They left me another hour to see how baby came down.
5:30am - I started pushing... And pushing... And pushing... 1hr20 mins of it and he just didn't budge! So Dr was called in and forceps came out I was devastated.
7:06am - Our baby boy Hunter was born weighing 8lb exactly and completely perfect! Hubby got to cut the cord and I got a good 1hr-1/2 skin to skin.

Safe to say next baby I'm going to ask for a c section after a suction delivery and forceps delivery in pretty sure I just can't push my babies out alone.

We are all so in love with him

PSX_20181216_205718.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"