**finally home.... What a 5 days... Of sheer hell**

Early_Bump

Reaction score
Well firstly thank you all for your messages of kind words and support im so so grateful... an even bigger thank you to Max for all the update and sue as well.. :)

So i wont repeat the whole story... but in short basicly i was due to be scanned on friday @ 2pm for cervical length. But it got to half 1 and i had a leak of fluid quite abit it soaked through my trousers...

So i got to hospital and they decided to take me to the gynie ward and have the senior sonographer scan me, it all happened really quickly. So I'm lying thier being scanned... and she doesnt say anything about max she says fluid looks ok, but then tells the midwife with us to go and get my consultant.... next she's in room with in a minute or so they are talking between themselves.... then they explain to me that my cervix has opened on the enternal OS ie the baby end and that its open 2.8cm and that thiers only 0.4left to open at my end....

They then turn off scanner and they go on to explain to me that i have no chance of getting to viabilty and also that it could only be days or mayb a little while longer but that im unlikely to feel max coming out and that i wont have contraction as such my body will just do it all then i'll feel some pressure when he actually comes out.

I really was in shock....they then told me that when max is born he could be alive and it could be 30-40mins before his fell asleep and i was very upset clearly as i just couldnt bear that thought. They then told me i could have a tablet thier and then that would then stop my placenta working adn it would ensure max had already passed when he arrived. Me and my husband were seriuosly considering it, but didnt take it up their and then. I then had an exam where clear liqore was seen draining.... so that was that all confimred.

I then went back to me side room as they wanted me to stay until it was all over. They stated they would asses me againh in 2wks if i made it that far but only for liqore volume. I lay thier all night i didnt wanna move incase he came out... i was in hell and no one could save me or max... me and my hubby just cried all night.

So in end i decided to take a look at my notes and it was all bull basicly.... it said one thing in main notes adn totally diff thing in my notes, also found some doggy result from having lily last year... so on them grounds i thought im not sitting here i want 2nd opinion....

So went Manchester St Marys... and it was all crap took til yesterday to find out but i had a scan from a consultant and my cervix was closed and its the longest its ever been right now 3.7-4cm no funneling at all...Since friday night ive not leaked any more so its looking like ive sealed back over...

Im now having all my care at st marys i dont trust a word blackpool have to say about me.... manchester have a speical clinic for people who have had multi prems... like me im going to clinic next week and im having some tests done and then that will give themk an idea of how early im likly to go and then they will work out some meds to keep contractions at by and also to strengthen my cervix. Im so happy i cant tell u...

BUT AS FOR BLACKPOOL VICTORIA HOSPTIAL.... they will pay big time for what they have put me and my family thou. I have lost to babies harry at 22wks and Ella at 24+3 so for them to get it so wrong... manchester said they have no idea where they have gotten this info from as when ur open ur open u dont close.

So here i am 19+4 ;)

https://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u256/beautiful_bump/SDC10551-1.gif

Ahhh!! Some good news!!!

What a roller-coaster you have been on!!

How can these hospitals get things so wrong?!?!!?

Glad you are home and things are looking good for you both.

Take care and keep us posted
:flower:

I'm glad to see you back with some good news.

It really does sound like you've had a hellish time. I can't believe how wrong the hospital could be.

Take care of you :hugs: xx

well thats fantastic news. i'm so pleased for you all that it is working out for the best. i was only saying to OH this morning how hospitals and doctors these days are getting things so wrong all the time. its shoddy and shouldnt be happening. they sweep it under the carpet so to speak, so as not to affect the reputation of the hospital because of their god damned money figures. it makes me cross that we arent a concern anymore but just a number.

You have a fighter on your hands. He's going to get through anything life chucks at him and come out the other side all the more stronger for it. I can see how proud you are from your picture. congrats on having such a beautiful baby boy. he radiates from within:flower::hugs:

It's lovely to have you back here.

I can't believe what the hospital have put you through.

Good luck. I hope you get the care you need under the new hospital.

:hugs:

absolulty delighted you are getting the Care you and Max deserve
you've been thru hell and back ..
Hope all goes well for you
best of luck hun xx

I am speechless!

I can't believe they got it SO WRONG!

I am so glad that it all worked out for you though, roll on viability for you xx

Ohhh hunny sooo pleased that you got that second opinion!! how appauling a hospital can mess you around and get it soo wrong!!! keep us updated babes and stay tight little max!! :D xxx

I am so sorry you had to go through all of this but I am soooo happy to hear that things are looking up for you and baby max. Hope it all continues to stay good.

:happydance::happydance: So glad that you and Max are at home safe and well. Impressive bump girl :thumbup:. That hospital needs to be sued for incompetence, how can you put trust in these people when they can get it so wrong??? If you had taken that tablet then you could have lost your perfectly healthy little boy, all down to their neglegence. Im so glad that you had the courage at such a traumatic time to get a second opinion. I really do wish you the best for the rest of your pregnancy, you most certainly deserve it. :hugs::hugs:. xx

how could they get it so wrong? I'm so pleased to read a positive update from you :) :hugs: wishing you all the best for the weeks ahead xxx

oooh emma i am sooo sorry hun, my phone has completely broken and i couldnt even put sim in hubbies phone as it was locked to his network :( i am soo pleased to hear you are home and that all is well. You know how mad i am with the other hospital, but dont get yourself too stressed just now hun, do what you can to keep yourself relaxed and rested for little max, there will be time to deal with them later xxx

Wow, horrible story but happy ending :)

Lovely bump in the pic :hugs: xx

wow, glad you and baby are ok... cant believe they would have had you take that tablet... it dosnt bear thinkning about if you had and what would have happened afterward to your baby..... cant belive they got it so wrong.
i really hope all goes well for you hun you deserve it :)

I'm so glad to hear that you and baby are doing well. What a terrible situation you had to go through. I'm just happy that you listened to your maternal instincts and got a second opinion. Wishing you the absolute best!!

wow thats so shocking. Im glad you decided to read your notes! I cant imagine what you went through. I would make sure that other people know about this negligence.... magazine article?? ( may even get some money to spend on max for it :) ) seriously tho, thats really bad. Whoever examined you clearly needs to learn some more about what they do!!!
Glad your home and glad your at a better hosp, get some rest!
nice bump!! x

I've never heard a good word said about Blackpool Vic, so pleased that you were strong enough to insist on a second opinion, sounds like you'll get much better care in Manchester.

Love, luck and very best wishes for the rest of you pregnancy xx

i'm so so glad everythings ok hun!! but that is absolutely awful what they put you through! how on earth could they get things so wrong?! i hope you make them pay big time... :hugs: x x x

So glad things worked out well for you but can't believe the hospital got it so wrong and put you through all that :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->