Finally my birth story!

Sam292

Reaction score
Thought I would post this on here as I want your opinions :thumbup:. I didn't get the home birth i planned for, if you have 10 minutes spare please have a read and tell me if you would have done things differently if you were in my situation. :hugs:

https://thevickerys.wordpress.com/category/labour/

I thought the birth sounded fantastic given the circumstances. I love all your honesty in it and all the little things you were thinking about in the middle of you birthing, hahaha.

I was only confused on one part, did you end up with the episiotomy or no? I only ask because I thought that's what you had until you mentioned only have the one stitch. To which I thought... well surely that's not right?

I really think you did everything magnificently. Getting up to try a new position when the midwife was pushing for forceps was great! I'm going to remind my DH to get me to move around first before anything else. Your OH sounded amazing in all the help he was giving you. Sounds like he's a really big reason you still managed such a drug free birth.

Oh another question, did you go the whole time while in hospital without Gas and Air?

Great story, thanks for sharing! Like Jenni, I think you did amazingly well considering the meconium and all the emotions that must have brought out. Moving around - fantastic! A bit annoying that you "were on the clock" and they threatened forceps and C-section without recommending you move around, so well done on that! Wonderful pictures, too- so sweet :cloud9:

I thought the birth sounded fantastic given the circumstances. I love all your honesty in it and all the little things you were thinking about in the middle of you birthing, hahaha.

I was only confused on one part, did you end up with the episiotomy or no? I only ask because I thought that's what you had until you mentioned only have the one stitch. To which I thought... well surely that's not right?

I really think you did everything magnificently. Getting up to try a new position when the midwife was pushing for forceps was great! I'm going to remind my DH to get me to move around first before anything else. Your OH sounded amazing in all the help he was giving you. Sounds like he's a really big reason you still managed such a drug free birth.

Oh another question, did you go the whole time while in hospital without Gas and Air?

Thank you! Yes I did end up having the episiotomy but when I asked how many stitches I was having the midwife told me it was only one. I believe she called it an anchor stitch which means you go over and over the same bit but technically still counts as one stitch - very confusing! No, no gas and air , i wanted it completely drug free and thats just about the only thing i got from my birth plan!:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->