Finally Ovulated CD21!!!! Can I still get pregnant with a 30 day cycle?

VSubasic

Expecting Baby No.2
Reaction score
Hey Ladies!!! Today was a great day for me :happydance: I got off my BCP back in November and me and my husband decided to try in January. I used OPK's in March and this month. Back in March I used the ClearBlue Smileys and never got my Smiley. This month I decided to use the Cheapies and got a positive, so to double check I used the clearblue Smiley and got my Smiley!!

So heres the question...Today is CD21 for me and my cycles are 30 days average. Do you think I can still get pregnant?? Thanks ladies!!!!!!:hugs:

I'd definitely try. But if it doesn't work out, you may want to check out LPD and see if that's what's happening with you. It may just delay your cycle by the number of days ovulation was late. Like for stress or some other reason. But if you always have a 9-day luteal phase, you're going to want to look into it.

I'd definitely try. But if it doesn't work out, you may want to check out LPD and see if that's what's happening with you. It may just delay your cycle by the number of days ovulation was late. Like for stress or some other reason. But if you always have a 9-day luteal phase, you're going to want to look into it.

Thank you! whats LPD?

Luteal Phase Defect -- it's when your LP is really short so it doesn't really give the egg a fair chance to implant. You might be ok -- everything could be pushed later if you ovulated later than you were supposed to. But I would definitely track my cycles and make sure this isn't happening all the time.

Your luteal phase needs to be at least 10 days usually to get pregnant. There are things you can do to try to increase your LP, like take vitamin B6 supplements or vitex/chasteberry.

Last cycle (my first cycle temping) I only had a 5 day LP! I started on a B50 complex and 40mg vitex/day (a really low dose). My FF chart is saying I ovulated 3 days ago (not sure if I believe it), so we'll see what happens!

Honestly, I wouldnt focus on how long your cycles have been, given that you havent gotten + OPK in the past. The fact of the matter is, if you've ovulated, you can get preggers. Just know that if you test on CD30 or 31 and get negative tests, it could very well be because it's still to early considering that you didnt ovulate until CD21. If you get AF right on CD30 though, then I'd head to the doc and mention that you O'd late but still got AF on time and are concerned about a possible LPD. I'm willing to bet this cycle (if unsuccessful) will be longer than 30 days given the late O.

i think ur cycle will be longer due to O later x

honey08 is right, you're likely to have a longer cycle this month if you ovulated later than usual. Luteal phase is normally constant, within a day or so.

It's unlikely (but not impossible) that you're ovulating that late in every cycle and if so, the LP of 9 days is a problem, but I wouldn't worry about that until you confirm it with another couple of cycles.

Go for it!

Thanks Ladies I really appreciate it!!! I'm ready for the TWW :)

VSub, I know this is way old but did you conceive when you posted this? Wondering because I have a 28-30 day cycle and I think I may have ov on day 22 this month

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->