Finally she has turned head down!

Iren_iren

Reaction score
Had a scan today and my baby girl has finally turned head down (but is facing front, not my back)

All the time she been either transverse or breech, so i am relieved and petrified at the same time. I was getting used to the idea of C section and now i can consider water birth again!

I guess her position now is what they call back to back labour right?
Its more painful than normal?

I've been told in my childbirthing class that back labor is more painful, but there are things you can do now to try to turn her around so she is normal position.

Basically, aside from the skull, the spine is the heaviest part of the baby's body right now. So if you put yourself into positions that allow gravity to pull on the spine, it can help flip her over. Try finding positions that allow your belly to hang down towards the floor. My favorite is to put a few pillows on the floor and sit cross-legged on those, and then put a chair in front of me and lean my elbows on that, so I'm leaning forward and my belly is hanging down. Other things you can try are standing with your feet apart and rocking your hips side to side - this also works on a birthing ball. Just basically any way you can get your belly to hang down so gravity can help pull that spine down.

I've been told in my childbirthing class that back labor is more painful, but there are things you can do now to try to turn her around so she is normal position.

Basically, aside from the skull, the spine is the heaviest part of the baby's body right now. So if you put yourself into positions that allow gravity to pull on the spine, it can help flip her over. Try finding positions that allow your belly to hang down towards the floor. My favorite is to put a few pillows on the floor and sit cross-legged on those, and then put a chair in front of me and lean my elbows on that, so I'm leaning forward and my belly is hanging down. Other things you can try are standing with your feet apart and rocking your hips side to side - this also works on a birthing ball. Just basically any way you can get your belly to hang down so gravity can help pull that spine down.

Thanks for the tips! Will start trying this now:)

I had 2 back to back labours and they did hurt and were really long (not sure if thst was due to back to back) but i delivered them both normally.
I had a breech baby last time (section) so had both back to back and breech.

I had 2 back to back labours and they did hurt and were really long (not sure if thst was due to back to back) but i delivered them both normally.
I had a breech baby last time (section) so had both back to back and breech.
Ouch...illbe working toturn her in the right dorection, i had normal delivery first time, but screamed from pain entire labour, so cant imagine it being more payinful!

I've only given birth once and it was back to back. I have nothing to compare it to. I ended up getting an epidural recommended by the midwife as I had continuous contractions from 2.5 cms.

Check out the website spinning babies to help with turning your baby.

Brilliant news! Did you feel her turn? When was your last appointment to say she was breech?
My LO is still breech so gives me a bit of hope. Did you do anything to encourage turning her?

I've only given birth once and it was back to back. I have nothing to compare it to. I ended up getting an epidural recommended by the midwife as I had continuous contractions from 2.5 cms.

Check out the website spinning babies to help with turning your baby.

I am getting scared now, might be i should not go for water birth and ask for epidural straigh away :)
Thanks for sharing your experience
I am already leaning forward while sitting and will be checking that website as well, i still have 3 weeks or so :)

Brilliant news! Did you feel her turn? When was your last appointment to say she was breech?
My LO is still breech so gives me a bit of hope. Did you do anything to encourage turning her?

I had appointment on Saturday and midwife feel the baby and said she is head up, bottom down
Thats the thing, i did not feel anything, well nothing unusual, so was convinced she is in the same position untill the scan yesterday
To be homest the only thing i did is i was seating more on the ball in various positions, i decided to let baby decide how she wants to be born
Now i just hope she will stay that way and will definetelly do something to encourage her to turn face back :)
You still have time, but i guess its either will happen or not. Would they do another scan?

My baby had been breech up until my last scan on Tuesday. I sm guessing it isn't long since she has turned the right way because it was only tuesday morning I noticed pressure in my pelvis and was having pain when walking. At my scan they couldn't really measure her head as it is deeply engaged into my pelvis. Never had one engage as early as this and it is my 7th! Hope she arrives in the next few weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->