FINALLY - she slept through the night!!!

x Helen x

Reaction score
Hooooraaahhh!!!

After over a year of crummy sleep my little (or not so little anymore) cherub finally slept through the night, 7pm til 6:45am without so much as a peep!!

We decided to start night weaning as of last Sunday as the "feed to sleep" association was really messing with her sleep and she was waking anywhere between 5 and 15 times a night needing to comfort suck to go back to sleep. We were all tired and grumpy and ready for a change.

The best part of all.... we didn't use any CC or CIO methods! So big middle finger to all the doctors and health visitors who told me that it wouldn't be possible without!

Hi! Congratulations lol.

Could I ask what you mean by night weaning?

X

Thank you :)

By night weaning I mean no more night time feeds (breast feeding), though she was doing it more out of comfort than hunger. Now she has her last feed at 7pm and then her first feed of the day when she wakes up around 6:45am :)

Well done, its such a relief to get some good quality sleep, long may it continue :)

So pleased for you. Hopefully it's my turn soon! We've night weaned too, but can I ask, do you offer water in the night instead of boob? I'm wondering if doing this is where I'm going wrong.

Yay, well done mum and LO!!!
We are planning to night wean soon, how did you do it? :)

So pleased for you. Hopefully it's my turn soon! We've night weaned too, but can I ask, do you offer water in the night instead of boob? I'm wondering if doing this is where I'm going wrong.

I did offer water when she woke the first night, but she wasn't interested at all and it only made her more cross if anything! Like how dare I try to give her water lol! Haven't bothered since. Saying that my LO has never been a big water drinker anyway even during the day.

The thing that really worked for us was not taking her out of the cot. I just decided one night that she was not coming out all night, and when she woke up crying in the night I went in and sat by the side of her cot close enough for her to touch me. I tried stroking her back too but she wasn't keen on that lol, she was better with me just sitting there. Don't get me wrong there was a fair bit of crying the first night, but it was all out of anger - there were no actual tears, just shouting and red faced! lol. Just as well as really as I had agreed with myself that if at any point she was genuinely upset that I would take her out and comfort her, but it never came to that.

Good luck xx

thanks! Darragh is pretty much angry shouting crying rather than upset too.
I did do CC around his first birthday and this time it worked (we had a disasterous attempt at 10 months). He went to only waking 3 times a night and having no milk until about 5/6am but he's entirely regressed the past ten days, though it gradually got to this point where he's up every hour and a half and rarely properly asleep again after about 3am.
I don't get him out of his cot either, although last night I did at about 5 as he had gotten really hysterical which isn't what normally happens so I thought something was up with him, but the little tinker just started giggling and trying to get on the floor to play so he was straight back in!
I hope he's just having a phase and will go back to only a few short wakenings again soon, but the elusive sttn seems further away than ever!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->