finally someone has taken me seriously!

lilmissdanni

Reaction score
Had Los 2 year check today. He has been referred for speech therapy, physio and development checks! This is heartbreaking but I'm Sooooo happy that finally someone has taken me seriously.

Hv said his level of understanding is high but the frustration he's feeling by not being able to communicate properly is evident (he threw a massive tantrum coz he wanted his drink and couldn't tell me) and it could have a detrimental effect.

She was also very concerned about the fact that he's still hitting milestones late so they want to do some further checks. The physio is what he should have been referred to when he had his paediatric appointment in March. The hv was horrified by the state of his feet and the fact the wait and see approach was taken.

So I'm feeling pretty impressed at the moment that things are finally going Rylan's way!

Glad to hear he's finally going to be getting some referrals! Honestly, early intervention with developmental delays is only going to benefit him, and help with understanding how to better help him with communicating. I hope your referral appointments go well:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->