Finally TTC a sibling for my 5 year old!

loeylo

1DD, 1 pup, WTT#2
Reaction score
Some of you might remember me - I was quite active on here before dd was born and when she was a baby.

Df and I are 31, dd has just turned 5, and we are now ready to try for #2.

Before dd, we had two first tri miscarriages (6-9 weeks) and then an ectopic pregnancy which I had methotrexate for, so I saved the tube but there is scarring and thinning on it.

Dd was a pretty textbook pregnancy, I was induced on my due date and she was born by emergency section.

I have just went through an early loss (5 weeks) and we have decided to ramp up the ttc’ing.

We are both making healthier lifestyle choices in hope of success - we could both do with losing about a stone, df has stopped smoking, and we are trying to exercise more - mainly walking, since we have a border collie who turns 1 tomorrow!

Exercise is proving difficult with covid because we have done a LOT of isolation. We were 11 days into self isolation when dd developed symptoms of covid (very mild symptoms) and tested positive, so we had to add another 14 days on. We got out last week, and now dd is back in isolation as one of her classmates have covid

This is probably more like a journal but I don’t have that level of commitment to give

I'm sorry for your losses :hugs:.

Good luck ttc :) :dust:

Thank you!

Bought lots of ttc vitamins and df has even agreed to take them too.

Why does a cycle take so long? We have never properly TTC before so this is new territory.

Bought ovulation kits and I don’t even know why, I get really clear ovulation signs and my cycles are incredibly regular (my period ALWAYS comes at lunch on day 28) plus we have no issues getting pregnant.

Df is sending off odd mixed signals about actually properly trying now. I’ve been off the pill since late July and we have been ntnp since then. I ovulated twice since then; didn’t have sex in my fertile window in the first cycle but did in the second and fell pregnant.

after the loss he said that he “guesses we are not not trying now” which I agreed with, we agreed to make some lifestyle changes, use preconception vitamins etc. Then he said I wasn’t to get an ovulation “machine” () but put opks in the shopping trolley. Then, I accidentally bought bigger jammy bottoms and said I wouldn’t return them since we are trying for a baby anyway and he said that we aren’t trying. I’m sure it’s just the terminology he questions since we have already been ntnp for two months. Still, definitely a discussion needed tonight when dd goes back to bed as I don’t want to track ovulation and such if he isn’t comfortable with it - he’s a lot more laid back and type b than me so I’m hoping that’s all. However I know when I ovulate anyway so I’m not sure how I’ll not switch to ttc even if he is ntnp, if that makes sense.

Thank you!

Bought lots of ttc vitamins and df has even agreed to take them too.
What vitamins are you taking for TTC?

Sounds like you know your body and have a pretty regular cycle so that is good! My youngest is 5 also. I was worried about the age gap, but I think it will be good to have “helpers” lol. What cycle day are you on?

What vitamins are you taking for TTC?

Sounds like you know your body and have a pretty regular cycle so that is good! My youngest is 5 also. I was worried about the age gap, but I think it will be good to have “helpers” lol. What cycle day are you on?

I just bought a his and hers conception vitamin from Boots. I also bought extra folic acid and vitamin d as those can be a factor in recurrent losses and I took them when pregnant with dd. I have bought a vegan omega 3 to go along with it as it’s good for brain development. I’m going to add low dose aspirin as soon as I get my bfp. All of that worked with dd so I’m just going to throw as much at it as possible.

I’m on cd 4 but not sure that’s accurate as it’s after a loss. I’ve never got pregnant straight after a loss so we will see.

I guess the good thing about having a previous ectopic is that ovulation is very obvious now!

So since posting this my cycles have been all over the place. My November cycle ended up being 32 days, but my bleeding only lasted two days. Then, I had another bleed on cd10 which was normal for two days (medium flow) followed by a light day. Now cd4 and it seems like I’m going to be pretty light again.

I’m going to guess I didn’t ovulate last month and the two days bleeding I had was maybe leftover from the loss in October. I think I did spot for quite a while with my two previous miscarriages but not my ectopic, so I’m going to count November out. I don’t think I ovulated.

I had THE worst pms prior to this bleed, so I feel like it’s my true cycle. It just shows how much the mini pill levels out my hormones so I will definitely go back on it once we are done with kids!

I’m going to meet one of my friends newborns next week and I’m so excited. Originally, we both planned to ttc together about 18 months ago but life got in the way for us. Scary to think we could also have a newborn now, or even a nearly 1 year old!

My best friend is pregnant and she has a scan on Tuesday so I’ve got everything crossed for her. Her cycles are also irregular, she tested on her period due date and got a negative test, got a faint positive about 4 days later. She had a scan last week when she thought she was 7 weeks but they put her at 5 and a half. She’s had pain and bleeding so we are hoping she’s measuring in track on Tuesday!

We went out shopping for the first time in ages yesterday. With Debenhams closing I was tempted to buy a few wee bits for our baby. They are still selling an outfit similar to the first thing Gracie ever wore, and have a similar one for boys. It’s half price.

Sorry your cycles have been all over the place :(

Fx for your best friend :)

It's such a shame Debenhams is closing :(

Sorry your cycles have been all over the place :(

Fx for your best friend :)

It's such a shame Debenhams is closing :(
I know, I can’t believe it. I felt really bad for the staff, having to put on a brave face. I hope someone buys over at least some of the stores - I know the one near us is always busy. It’ll impact loads of smaller businesses too since they are flagship stores - I think it’ll have a massive impact on the high street as more people will switch to online.

So my friend ended up needing a scan today and everything is spot on. She’s 7.5 weeks.

I’m going to see my other friends baby after work (safely, of course!)

And for me -cd6 now. I’m feeling positive that this could be a lucky month for us since df has changed his shift pattern (he normally works 4x12hr shifts in a row) now he’s working shorter shifts so he should be less tired, plus I finish up for Christmas right in my fertile window. We will see!

That's great news for your friend :)

Fingers crossed for you!

I met my friends baby today and now I want 40 more babies right now. She’s adorable.

Cd6 today so coming close to my fertile time and just about ready to do an ovulation test.

I did ovulation tests yesterday and today (cd6 and7) and both pretty much only have one line. I really am not sure when the test line should get darker but I hope this is normal for the week before ovulation.

Hoping we can time sex a little better this cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->