Finally!

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
I've been trying to talk about setting a date for TTC for ages and finally we managed to have a reasonable discussion!

I've been with my DH for nine years on Sunday and married for just a couple of weeks so this definitely isn't something we are rushing into! The other night I just flat out asked him that if we are okay financially and feel ready if we could start trying in January 2015. I said that obviously it didn't have to be definite as money is still a bit of an issue but that I really want to be trying at some point at least in 2015 and he said yes! The plan is to revisit the idea of TTC in January, see how we are getting on in life, work out the sums and decide from there.

I know it isn't definite yet but it's the closest I've ever been to a date which is very exciting.

Hooray.that's not far away really. If your dh is like mine he struggled to see why I would want to set a date more just, well we will ttc when we are ready, it's taken a long time for me to get through that I can't just wake up one day and say ok we are ready new let's go, but sounds like a big first step your dh has made, hooray for Jan, come join us in the dec/jan #1 group.

Aww that's great! I bet that the time will fly by too :)

I know how it feels to set a date after waiting for so long and such a big step! It's so exciting! I second spicyorange, come join us on dec/jan thread. Almost the autumn now, not long to go ;-)

congrats on getting a rough date. Must be lovely to have a date to aim for :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"