Finding out the sex in less than an hour!

spunky84

TTC #4
Reaction score
I picked up my blood test results (the good news being that everything came back negative!). I've been waiting around all afternoon for DH to get home so we can open them.

He gets off in about 15 minutes + a 30 minute drive home. The wait is absolutely killing me. I'm 100% convinced it's a boy.

My "scientific" reasoning being:

1. DD said it's a boy.
2. SIL just gave birth to a girl this morning (we've been pregnant 3 times together. First: we had a girl, she had a boy; Second: we had a boy, she had a girl; Third: she had a girl, so that should mean we're having a boy) :haha:

:laugh2: I know none of that means squat, really. DH says it's a girl.

Hahaha I love your science behind it!! I'm jealous you're finding out so soon. I'm 25 weeks and I still don't know what I'm having!!

Update soon!!

Agree that is cute how it worked out in the passed. Definitely update!

Lolll!! Very scientific. Congrats! I am thrilled to see an update later!

Lol love the science behind it! Excited for you!

Hahaha I love your science behind it!! I'm jealous you're finding out so soon. I'm 25 weeks and I still don't know what I'm having!!

Update soon!!

Awe, are you waiting until birth or just haven't had an opportunity to find out? It would kill me to wait until birth. At this point I can't even wait until 20 weeks :haha:

And it's a girl! :cloud9: It was a progenity blood test, but there's still only a 98% accuracy rate for girls (99% for boys). We'll get confirmation down the road at the anatomy scan, but for now we're sticking with girl.

We caved and let my mom see the results today. Otherwise we ordered a reveal cake for the kids tomorrow and then we'll let everyone else know via pictures of the reveal cake. Besides, my SIL just had her baby yesterday and didn't want to take away from her or us by trying to do it on the same day.

Update soon!!

Awe, are you waiting until birth or just haven't had an opportunity to find out? It would kill me to wait until birth. At this point I can't even wait until 20 weeks :haha:

And it's a girl! :cloud9: It was a progenity blood test, but there's still only a 98% accuracy rate for girls (99% for boys). We'll get confirmation down the road at the anatomy scan, but for now we're sticking with girl.

We caved and let my mom see the results today. Otherwise we ordered a reveal cake for the kids tomorrow and then we'll let everyone else know via pictures of the reveal cake. Besides, my SIL just had her baby yesterday and didn't want to take away from her or us by trying to do it on the same day.

We badly want to know. But baby is being stubborn!! Ugh. But we had a random ultrasound from a doctor who is practising on the ultrasound and she said it looks suspiciously like a girl :) but I have another ultrasound on Wednesday so hopefully we will find out then :)

Congrats on your girl!!!! So exciting!!!

Update soon!!

:cloud9::cloud9: Yay!!! Sweet baby girls :cloud9::cloud9:

I go for my DNA test next month when I'm 13+5 EEEK!!

Congrats on your girl!!! I did that as well. A little mini reveal for my parents and siblings and everyone else just saw pictures on fb

Congrats on your pink bundle! I really, really want to go team yellow this time but... alas I don't think I'll be able to wait that long lol. On the other hand, I don't think I'll be able to face the results of the ultrasound either. I might have them put the results in an envelope and open it later.

We badly want to know. But baby is being stubborn!! Ugh. But we had a random ultrasound from a doctor who is practising on the ultrasound and she said it looks suspiciously like a girl :) but I have another ultrasound on Wednesday so hopefully we will find out then :)

Congrats on your girl!!!! So exciting!!!

Oh, that will kill me lol I really hope baby cooperates on Wednesday and that you can confirm! We found out by ultrasound with DD, and I remember being so worried that they wouldn't be able to tell (we had a reveal cake planned and had to run the results to the bakery afterwards). I really hope that LO cooperates for you. Keep us posted!

:cloud9::cloud9: Yay!!! Sweet baby girls :cloud9::cloud9:

I go for my DNA test next month when I'm 13+5 EEEK!!

Exciting! You'll have to keep us posted. It was fun finding out at the ultrasound with DD, but I've since become so impatient that I love that we're able to find out by blood test. Do you have any feelings one way or the other?

Congrats on your girl!!! I did that as well. A little mini reveal for my parents and siblings and everyone else just saw pictures on fb

What did you do for your reveal?

We did a reveal with both of our immediate families for DD, but there were a lot of us and didn't have any one else. With this one we just did the cake for the kids (and my mom, but we let her know yesterday lol). We sent pictures to every one else. It would've been too difficult for DH's family especially as SIL just had her baby Friday and was coming home today. Not that I think his family would've really cared one way or the other, but DH and I didn't feel right doing that to them, so we just sent the pics to everyone.

Plus, I didn't want to make it a huge thing as we only looked at the results for DS. Not that I think he'll care when he's older, but I'm sure he'll use it as leverage :haha:

DH and I looked on Friday, and I really liked having finding out with just the two of us this time. My mom was bummed that we were doing it that way, but we never found out the sex with just the 2 of us before.

Congrats on your pink bundle! I really, really want to go team yellow this time but... alas I don't think I'll be able to wait that long lol. On the other hand, I don't think I'll be able to face the results of the ultrasound either. I might have them put the results in an envelope and open it later.

I give so much props to those who wait until birth! Both of my SILs did that with all 3 and it just boggled my mind LOL I don't have that kind of patience. I think getting the results in an envelope would be a good idea so you can find out if you change your mind.

Attachments

• 20170219_124509.jpg
    20170219_124509.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20170219_125003.jpg
    20170219_125003.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 4
Congrats on your little girl! I agree that cute is not only adorable but looks delicious!

My mom went with me to my appointment, but I ended up not getting scanned. My gyn stressed me out so I booked a gender scan the next day and went by myself. I had planned to get up before every and bake cupcakes and put out decorations and have a confetti balloon, but I accident let slip to momma bear I knew the sex on Friday and she immediately requested we do the reveal then. So I hurried to put up the decor, scraped the cupcakes, and luckily had a scratcher pack I bought for my friends later. And we did that. Confetti balloon was pre-paid and never popped so that was $25 down the drain but oh well. It was kind of meh because basically everyone just knew I was having a boy so it wasn't like a huge surprise lol.

Attachments

• IMG_9340.jpg
    IMG_9340.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9349.jpg
    IMG_9349.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9351.jpg
    IMG_9351.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online