Finding Out The Sex

Melzy8608

Mummy-To-Be
Reaction score
Got a little while until my next scan, however, i am in two minds about finding out the sex... I really want to so i know whether i am carrying a he or a she! But then i don't know if i'll be spoiling it for the 'surprise' at birth...

What's have you opted for? And was it a joint thing with your OH's? My OH wants the surprise???

We decided to find out...mainly because we were so excited ti know what little peanut was! So many people said to us that we would be ruining the surprise for the birth but the way I see it is...your only bringing that surprise forward a few months! The day I go into labour with him wont be any less special just because I kno he is a boy!!

Sometimes the hospital will tell u...and if ur OH doesnt want to kno then he can leave the room...so that could be an option! I would have ended up giving it away though!!

I'm exactly the same. Early on we decided we didn't want to know as there are so few true surprises in life. But.... as I'm getting closer to 20 weeks, I'm getting increasingly tempted :dohh: I've dropped a couple of hints about my curiosity to DH a couple of times, and have pretty much decided that I want to know. If he doesn't I guess I'll just have to try really hard not to tell him!

I didnt find out with my first, it was totally brilliant!
Some women have to find out because they want to name there child, and want to buy certain colour of clothes etc.
To me i wasnt fussed, i wasnt planning on naming my baby until i seen it.
Labour was good experience, thinking oh i get find out what sex my baby is before long, when baby pops out and you look for yourself its just lovely moment :)

With this baby id happily keep it surprize again but to let my OH feel important, im going let him pick, probably will find out lol!

We found out because we personally dont like to have loads of neutral things, we wanted to be able to buy pink or blue and dwecorate our nursey the same way. In a way though i think it would've been nice to wait.

i did want to know but my oh is now determined were not finding out. im not sure now, i suppose i wouldnt mind not knowing it would just be easier for buying clothes etc. we are going to be having lots of scans once i get to 20 weeks so will see what happens - it may be obvious!!!

We decided a long time ago not to find out and we are sticking to that. (I have read though that sometimes you don't get a choice if baby decided to 'spread their legs' :rofl:

We decided this as it's the one time where you don't get a choice so we thought we would just wait and see. I also have this thing about hubby telling me what we have had rather than being told by some random medical professional in a cold (why are they cold?!) ultrasound room!

Weird thing is though that Hubby had a dream that we will have a boy, and I keep refering to LO as 'he'....but hubby will refer to the baby as 'she'. So we really can't decide even what we think they are going to be! :rofl: Good job we like yellow and green! :rofl:

i did want to know but my oh is now determined were not finding out. im not sure now, i suppose i wouldnt mind not knowing it would just be easier for buying clothes etc. we are going to be having lots of scans once i get to 20 weeks so will see what happens - it may be obvious!!!

Well, just when you say that...even if we hadn't wanted to find out, our little boy was determined to show us his wee thing and the poor guy doing the scan was really struggling to hide it at first!!

We chose before we even got PG that we wouldn't find out and DF was even more adament than me :D I have been told by quite a few people that you will never experience the feeling of having your baby and being told, its a boy, or its a girl with anything else in your life :D We have brought a bare minimum amount of vests and sleepsuits in neutral and have a yellow nursery! I know that both our families and our friends will go mad buying stuff once LO is here so no need to worry about clothes. We don't intend on picking a name before LO is born so thats no issue either!

We were abit worried about accidentially been shown either way by LO, but we made sure we didn't look hard enough, the problems comes as I now have to have a 4 weekly scan, think i'll just have to shut my eyes :D I don't think i'd ever like to have 1 person knowing and 1 not as it can so easily "slip out".

There was also a lady on here who was told she was having a girl, brought everything pink and she had a boy!! Now that does make it expensive :D

Just found this, may be worth a read :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/121689-team-yellow-question.html

It took me and OH ages to decide in the end we wanted to find out so we can bond with baby better before he's here, we call him by his name and so we can get everything ready like the nursery and clothes ect. x

I wish I could wait but i cant! My OH is the same. He wanted to know from the start so hopefully we will find out at 22 weeks. If not then not to worry

xx

My OH wanted to know. I kind of hoped baby would be very modest and hide but agreed that if we could be told we would. And as it turned out, baby boy flashed his bits for the world to see.

I was glad we found out actually, not for decorating/buying purposes, but because I hadn't realised I'd been thinking of the baby as a girl... and it was a slight shock to hear he was a boy, and I needed a couple of days to digest that fully. Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled and everything, but I had to alter my mental pictures of me and my child to make him definitely a boy. I'm glad I didn't have to do that, or experience the slight shock, at the time of his birth. I'm fully prepared now and cannot wait to meet my son!

At my 20 week scan DH did NOT want to know, but I did. We decided to ask the lady to write it on a piece of paper and seal it. Now, I'm glad I don't know. It's fun having people guess at the sex and tell me their theories on why boy vs girl. But if we ever change our mind, it's written on a piece of paper and we can take a look!

were finding out, cant wait to know, i think its a boy im carrying, but if its a girl i wont be bothered as i will be blesed for any xxxxxxxxx

Heyy, I know I'm not from the 2nd trimester but I wanted to say that me and my OH found out the sex of our baby and it really helped me bond with our son. I knew what clothes to buy and what toys etc and I started to imagine what he would look like. It DID NOT ruin the moment at all, its so overwhelming when you give birth and to just finally get to hold your baby is the most amazing experience ever. Do whats right for you and OH, you may think you have made a decision then change your mind on the day. Good Luck xxx

with the eldest 2 finding out wasnt an option as the hosp wouldnt tell you. up until the day b4 scan we werent sure but OH was fine if idecided i wanted to know. well i was convinced i was having a girl so decided that i wanted it confirmed..... but it wasnt confirmed as i'm having another boy!

hi, just wanted to say i was the same..and decided on the day that yep i wanted to know. totaly over the moon that shes a little girlie.....but honestly regret finding out....would be nice still to be wondering and it is an amazing feeling at the birth to get told boy or girl. good luck in deciding hehe xx

me n hubby want to find out and have scan next week ..so excited. I keep refering to baby as he for some reason, so i would really like to knw what bump is. I dnt mind either way but i jst want to knw :)
i think itl be gud for bonding for myself personally. im always talkin to bump so itl be nice being able to refer to bump as my little prince or princess :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"