• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Finding out the sex?

F

FierceAngel

forgive me if there is already a thread here re this!

i was just wondering how many of you found out the sex of your lo, at which stage and if you reccomend it etc..

varied opinions from mine and oh family and just wanted people general views (as in from those who are actually making the decison!) its so easy for family to put their two pennies in wen its not something they are doing at this piint in time!

I had a private scan , 16 weeks 3 days :) . Saw a well endowed boy lol . Good luck . xx .

we are finding out but not telling anyone ;) except you guys of course lol. saves all this "I don't want to know" malarky cause no one will know.

I found out at 19 weeks via a private scan as we don't get NHS 20 week scans here in Edinburgh :(

Personally, i'm glad I did. I'm just not patient enough to wait and I find that it's helped me bond with her a little bit more. Besides, I can buy colour specific clothes etc :D yay for pink.

Were going for a private gender scan next Saturday when i'll be just over 17 weeks as they don't tell you at Watford at your 20 weeks can [meanies!]

i found out at my detailed scan at 22 weeks, im to impatient to find out, id love to have the suprise of not knowing but then i like to know because i can enjoy going out buying the right colours and i feel i bond better with bump once i know what colour it is lol

I found out at my 20 week scan confirmed with a pivate 24 & 28 week scan.

It was the best thing I did I felt close to bump ...bump was not just bump, baby, it ...she was a SHE and we made our minds up on a name quite quick so bump was 'Caitlin'.

Will be finding out again this time :D

We've had a complicated pregnancy so had lots of scans and found out we were having a boy whilst having a transvaginal scan at 14 weeks. It's been lovely to buy lots of little blue clothes and do up in the nursery in more gender specific colours and themes. Because we've had so many scans I feel comfortable that we're definitely having a boy - it's been confirmed a few times.
I would definitely recommend finding out, I know lots of people who have and none of them have regretted it, it has helped them to plan more and to bond more closely with their baby. However, it could be worth having it confirmed at more than one scan just to be on the safe side - I guess it depends on how confident your sonographer is at a 20 week scan?

we found out at a private scan at 20 weeks, you can find out from 16 weeks i believe tho!!

Im finding out in 2 weeks at my 22 week scan! I cant wait.. it will make it feel so much more real.

We found out at 18 weeks and his manhood was so obvious that the ultrasound tech could not even try to hide if she wanted to. My husband did not learn the sex of his first biological son before birth and has verbalized to me how different it is this time around. He feels much closer to the baby and I and calls him by his name when he speaks to him.

I am on team yellow, and don't feel any less close to my baby than I would if I knew the sex. Personal choice I think.

as much as id love it to be a suprise im too impatient!!!

Im on team yellow too, inititally i wanted to know the sex so that i could plan things accordingly but OH didnt want to know and neither did MIL - i was furious because i thought they were trying to tell me what to do! But now i am firmly set on not knowing. I am looking forward to being completely overwhelmed at sweethearts birth, i want to be hit by the full on emotions plus the suprise - bring it all on in one go! the happiest day of my life! plus I also want family and friends to carry on guessing and speculating, its loads of fun and everyone remains interested and curious right up until the last minute, its much more exciting keeping everybody going till the very end. Yeah you probably do bond with your bump sooner by knowing but that doesnt mean you bond any less!

We had a private gender scan at 16 weeks. I wanted to know as DH wanted a girl (I didn't mind) and didn't want him disappointed on birth day so I wanted him to get chance to get used to having a boy if it were a boy. Turns out we are having a girl *touches wood it was correct* and it helped us bond as we can call her a her instead of it now :)

I've done both. I didn't know with Kayleigh, and found out at the 20 week scan with Charlie.

Soooo, what will we be doing this time? Finding out!!! :happydance:

No one can tell you what is right for you. But I hope getting these opinions helps you decide what to do.

We are staying on team yellow for several reasons. One is that I am a patient person and see no reason to rush out and find out as soon as I can. Our parents didn't have that option. I'm one of those people who thinks that just because the technology is there to allow us to do something, doesn't mean we have to. I think a little patience generally goes a long way with children too so I welcome the opportunity to practice!

Secondly, it gives hubby something special to do - to tell me and our loved ones what it is on the big day. It's the first question people will ask. If everyone already knows then there is no news to share on the day really! Everyone we have told that we are not finding out has been really pleased that we're waiting.

Thirdly, and perhaps most importantly for me and hubby is that we have no intention of forcing a gender upon our child by only dressing them in one colour. Children do not choose a gender until they are 3-4 years old and I don't want to end up with too many pink or blue clothes that other people buy us. There are lots of wonderful colours in the world, why limit yourself to just one?

Also, they can make mistakes and it's not like we'll love it any less if it's one rather than the other!

I like the idea of keeping everyone interested until the end too, not thought of that before, but it's a good one!

The second and third reasons can be avoided by finding out but not telling people of course!

But at the end of the day we are all different and make whatever choice is right for us. It's fine to consider the feelings and advice of family, but it is ultimately your choice and they will all have to live with it.

We found out at 16 weeks via private scan as we are very impatient and couldnt wait until our 22 week scan (which is tomorrow). It really is a personal choice I think, but to be honest we have had a surprise too, and I can honestly say that it didnt make the birth anymore exciting by not knowing. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"