Finding out vs surprise??

Jewls

Reaction score
I found out with my last 2 pregnancies what sex they were and I loved knowing so I could prepare and I felt like I really bonded as I could call them him or her plus prepare all clothes. However with this one im debating if to go old fashioned and have a surprise this will be my last pregnancy but worried I'll hate not knowing.

Anyone else thinking about this yet? X

Yeah, I found out with the last one and I'll find out again.

I think it definitely helps with the bonding & obviously preparing. Plus, it's one less argument you've got to have about baby names :haha:

I think I'll be surprised when I find out at 20 weeks, or id be surprised at 40 weeks. I don't think it matters.

I'm all for people not finding out, but I couldn't do it!

This will be our last baby.

Yes the more I think about it the more I think I couldn't have a surprise I'm such a impatient person and it's true what you said either way it will be a surprise just a little earlier lol
I always keeps names a secret from everyone though so it's still nice to do a surprise name announcement when they are born
X

This is my first and I'm planning on staying team yellow! For me I love the idea of finding out when I meet him/her, but I agree re the bonding and preparation! Xx

I found out last time and I'll find out this time just for sheer convenience. I can never seem to find hardly any nice neutral baby clothing and I like to be well prepared.

We didn't find out with our first. It was exciting and I loved everything about it. But I think we will find out for our second when it happens.

I always have a chuckle bc my brother in law was seen as a girl on us and surprise, out came a boy. They even picked out his girl name and everything. His brothers still bug him to this day.

Besides the fact that it's not 100%, I really wanted to keep it a surprise because I like the thought of finding out as the big rewarding surprise at the end of labor. I know folks say its still a surprise no matter when you find out and that the baby is the reward after labor, but I guess it's like the ultimate Christmas day to me. I loved Christmas as a kid, but as an adult the same build up of excitement and surprise just isn't there anymore. But this baby is like the biggest Christmas day of my adult life! I'll spend eight months guessing what's inside the package, shaking it, poking it, trying to guess. And then on its birthday, we finally get to unwrap it! I just can't wait for that moment!

(plus it's way easier to have gender neutral items on the baby shower list, making them easier to use on future babies, since this is our first)

We have one of each, and I kept EVERYTHING. So were prepared either way. If baby is a girl, we'll have to buy a few long pants simply because the seasons will be off but thats it.

That being said, now that we have one of each, we are going to be surprised. My dream is that my husband will catch the baby, everyone will be quiet, and he'll announce whether its a boy or girl. I want our voices to be the first our baby hears on the outside. We'll see if it happens this way or not, but that is my dream. We're picking names for both and baby will be named when he/she is born.

Im not worried about not bonding so much with baby just because of not knowing the gender.

I really really want to do team :yellow: this time! I just hope I don't give in and cave at the 20 week scan :blush:

If you're not sure, you could always have the gender written down and put in an envelope so that you don't miss out if you changed your mind. That's what we did with my ds, but we were always planning on knowing, we just wanted to find out in private and when we were ready. I think we only lasted 4 days lol the only downside would be the temptation of looking!

We found out with out first pregnancy. I didn't want to but my other half did. I'm the type of person that has to know if he knows lol. This time again I want to keep it a surprise but he wants to find out. I told him he can find out but I won't, I'm not sure how long that will last lol. I suppose since I have a room full of girlie things it would be good to know if I need to keep it all or get rid and start getting boy things. X

I have done both. With my first we were team yellow. I thought for sure it was going to be a boy because I was huge!! But I had a beautiful little girl and was so surprised. It truly was an amazing moment:)
With my 2nd and 3rd we found out. I was so anxious and excited the night before both scans. They both ended up being boys:) But it wasn't the same feeling I got when I was team yellow all the way. It was still wonderful but in a more low key kind of way. That moment when your pushing out your baby to find out if it's a boy/girl is amazing. So much adrenaline and emotion. That being said...I doubt I will be team yellow this time as well. Lol I just don't have the patience to wait!! Waiting 41 +1 to know with my first was soooo long!! But I highly recommend going team yellow if you have the patience:) Good Luck!!

If you're not sure, you could always have the gender written down and put in an envelope so that you don't miss out if you changed your mind. That's what we did with my ds, but we were always planning on knowing, we just wanted to find out in private and when we were ready. I think we only lasted 4 days lol the only downside would be the temptation of looking!

This is exactly what in thinking of doing but I may have to give it to someone and get them to lock it away lol

I found out with my son. I was too excited and couldn't imagine waiting. It helped with bonding and I don't regret it at all.

This time however we are waiting for a surprise.

We found out with all 3, I love knowing. I was speaking to a lady at swimming lessons the other day, she had a surprise with her first qnd then wanted to find out with her second. She said neither experience was better than the other, but both great for theirnown merits. Neither impacted the way she felt about or at the birth and said if she were to be pregnant again she'd want to know if she could.

I found out with my three older children and will be finding out with this one as well.

I had actually planned on staying team yellow when I was pregnant with my third. At that time, I'd already had a boy and a girl, I had all neutral baby gear, etc. However, when the time came at my 20 week ultrasound, I caved and found out. I don't have the patience to wait until the baby is born to find out the gender.

I do plan on getting all the big baby gear in gender neutral styles, though, just because OH and I plan on having two children together and so if we get neutral styles, we can use the gear for multiple children. Clothes probably won't get passed down either way, so I'm not worried about that.

We plan on finding out - OH is more bothered about knowing than me! He wants a private gender scan at 16 weeks. I am looking forward to knowing though! x

With my other two we found out the sex and this time we are doing team yellow and waiting! I think it's sooo exciting and I can't wait for the surprise :)

I originally wanted to stay team yellow, this was before ever finding out I was pregnant. Then the day I found out I was pregnant I just couldn't imagine waiting! I want to find out sooo badly. Like others have said, I feel it will help with bonding! Can't wait to find out what my little Peanut is :cloud9:

I found out with all of mine! I'm too impatient not to find out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->