Banana wedges
Mango chunks
Melon
Tangerines
Plums
Avocado wedges
Watermelon
Dried fruit

Cookies: Butter, chocolate, and whole grain, etc.
Chicken Wings: Deep fried, fleshy wing, with a mayonnaise dip.
Egg: The yolk scrambled.
Bread: Lightly toasted and buttered.
Fruit or Veggie Salad: A mixture of favorite fruits and veggies, with cream.
Apple: Boiled or baked.

Pitta bread with hummus
Pitta bread spread with tomato purée and melted grated cheese ( like a mini pizza)
boiled chicken - very tender and healthy
Porridge fingers spread with sugar free jam
Baked salmon fillet
Boiled new potatoes cut into chunks
Apricots
Grapes
Veggie omlette
Chicken and chickpea curry
Crumpets
Spag Bol with pasta

What finger foods do u give when out & about that make less mess? x

Great thread! I've been racking my brain trying to think of finger foods

Corey loves peas

Ronnie- i try ti stick to non-staining foods when we;re out-
Tofu cubes
pear chunks
turkey bites (baby friendly turkey meatloaf baked in mini muffin tins)
canned pinto beans (Or navy beans)

And I have to say I am LOVING the Plum Organics squeeze pouches! I hold them and squeeze them (I can't imagine the MESS of letting them do it :wacko: ) and we only use them as a quick snack while we are out- but so easy and so delicious! And even though my girls are WAY past the puree stage, they love them!!

Yellow bell peppers are great - just slice them up and eat!

Also, avocado and cucumber sandwiches.

3 times a week I give LO egg yolk (hardboiled) Its a bit crumbly so it seems to stick on his palate (LOL) so now I crumble it, mix it with a bit of unsalted butter so it becomes a spread and spread it on toast. First rate yumminess and goodness :thumbup:

Great ideas here, thanks for the thread!

Amazing thread its given me so many ideas and for the first time im really looking forward to preparing my DD meals. i do have one question though, alot of the foods that have been mentioned contain salt. Is it ok to give a 8 month old salt

Been ages since I posted in this thread :) I know apple has been said but I don't know if anyone said grated apple. I get really paranoid about apple (choking) but grated apple is brilliant and even at 15 months I still grate apple for DD, makes it nice and juicy too! x

3 times a week I give LO egg yolk (hardboiled) Its a bit crumbly so it seems to stick on his palate (LOL) so now I crumble it, mix it with a bit of unsalted butter so it becomes a spread and spread it on toast. First rate yumminess and goodness :thumbup:

Great ideas here, thanks for the thread!
This is a great idea!

What a awesome thread!!!!

Not sure if anyone has put this but I make cheesy eggy bread/ French toast for my little man and he loves them

It's just a cheese sandwhich dipped in the egg mixture and fried as normal then I cut into fingers

Out and about I have the pre packed mini cheeses for him to chew on he loves cheese

Great thread with some fab ideas, looking forward to trying some once LO is having solids.

Been ages since I posted in this thread :) I know apple has been said but I don't know if anyone said grated apple. I get really paranoid about apple (choking) but grated apple is brilliant and even at 15 months I still grate apple for DD, makes it nice and juicy too! x

great idea im paranoid about choking with apple as well but im going to try this right away!

My lo is eight months with two teeth. He gags pretty bad. But doesntlike being spoon fed. Not keen on lumps either. A lot of fruit is too slippery for him to eat. and he is still learning hand to mouth coordination. also I've tried giving vegies in sticks. ( lightly cooked ) and doesn't want them fjust throws on the ground. I love this thread too. So anyone out there with a similar aged child and some great ideas?

I always notices lo had probs picking up banana and keeping a hold of it. yesterday I had a brainwave. U know those tortillas for burritos etc. Well I put a tiny bit of butter on one and rolled it up in a tortilla like a mini banana burrito or something. Did the same with avocado spread with cheese spread and fish. Sounds gross but actually tastes nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->