Finger foods?

hexyewdancer

Mummy to Roman
Reaction score
My LO isnt blw and he's used to puree's but i wondered if he could now have finger foods? And what i could possibly make him? Since he's hit 6 months he can find his mouth really well.

Finger foods are allowed from 6 months whatever form of weaning you've done. Why not try him on some veggie or fruit sticks so that he can suck on them and figure out it tastes nice.

I cut apples into rings for Sofia and she chomps on those.

Have a looksie at my sticky list at the top of weaning section :)

Matilda is six months on Friday and we're on day six of weaning. For the first few days I gave Matilda purees. She seemed to like the taste but not much went down and she kept trying to grab the spoon which made for a very messy baby.

Today we sat her at the table in her highchair with us and to keep her quiet I gave her a piece of steamed carrot, a piece of peeled cucumber and piece of steamed apple. She loved it! I put them on the tray and left her to it. At one point she had a big piece of carrot hanging out of her mouth while trying to shove cucumber in. And she had endless fun chasing slippery bits around the tray.

Tomorrow I'm off for a Christmas lunch with other mummy friends and I'm looking forward to asking for a highchair for the first time and keeping her occupied with a few steamed vegetables.

Thanks for replies.

I worry about him choking. Will he be ok? Im paranoid!!

Their gag reflex prevents them from choking. He will probably gag / cough sometimes. Try not to panic or worry too much, they can usually deal with it themselves. Obviously avoid small pieces of food. Good luck :)

Like Claire said, the gag reflex will kick in and stop choking - just make sure you sit him upright and don't jump in when he starts gagging - they can sort it out themself. We BLW and Violet's only choked once and she cleared it herself before I could even get her out of the highchair, so don't worry!

If you are still worried about choking, then offer very soft food that you know the throat muscles can squash (so things like over cooked boiled veg or banana). Don't give bread (toast is fine) as it can clump together.

I use toast, carrot puff things by organix and rusks. I'm looking into other things she can try as she's used to these now. If he does start choking he should gag it back up to chew a bit more. Dont panic immediately which is what i did!! Just know how to help him if he is choking and cant unblock his throat himself xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->