• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Finished

beanie

Reaction score
Seren hasn't fed for 4 days now, so I guess that we have reached the end of the feeding. I wanted her to choose when she stopped, but I think she has done so sooner as my milk must be changing and slowing down through pregnancy. I am proud that she made the decision though, but am a bit sad (not the right word but can't think of another) as its the end of one stage, but it is also the start of another and she has made this decision. I am proud of myself though as I managed 20 months, and I had such an horrendous time at the begining but have really enjoyed breastfeeding Seren through baby times and into her being a toddler.

Ah well only 5 months to go (ish) and it starts all over again https://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Well done on feeding for as long as you have, I admire you :)

Enjoy your break of having your boobies back before you start your new journey with a teeny little one :)

Aww bless her, it must be such a weird feeling that she has chosen to stop, another milestone i suppose.

You did really great to carry on for so long

Enjoy having your boobs back for abit hun x

Aww bless her .. growing up and being independant and making her own decisions already!

Awwww bless her!

Fantastic achivement hun, enjoy having your body back for a while before you start again with the new LO!

xxx

thats great Beanie.
I never attempted breastfeeding Summer as I was younger then and her birth was so traumatic but I already had my mind set on bottle feeding anyway.
I read alot of posts on preg forums like this one about breastfeeding and the bond etc and give it ago with Jack. I managed about 3 1/2months got matitsis and everything during that time.
not long until your baby then

Well done Beanie, you've done so well and what a perfect end of an era with Seren making the move to stop, that way you KNOW she's ready and that it's her choice.

Well done to you Beanie for feeding her for so long-that is great.

I think it's so sweet she has decided for herself the time is right. Emotional for you tho eh?

Enjoy the free time not long til there will be another boobie monster wanting muma's milk :hugs:

What a great achievement for you Beanie and it's fantastice for Seren to make that decision. I'm still
I have a problem in that Frankie only really likes breast feeding and drinks very little during the day. She won't even take expressed milk from a bottle as it is also the comfort of me she wants alongside the milk. Therefore she is still bfeeding during the night. Will she grow out of this?

Lynnie she sounds just like Seren did at 8 months. Seren was just boob obsessed and after she was 13 months I did stop feeding her at night as I was so tired at work. I did this by introducing a bottle of warm cows milk before bed, and only giving her either water or a dummy at night. It was tough but I found that after that she slept through and then started to accept other fluids. She also just fed less, especially when she found her feet and was too busy exploring to feed.

I will wait until 12 months and try the cows milk then. However she hates dummies with a vengance so the water will have to do! Thanks for the advice, nice to know I'm not alone. jonny was completely different and once he tried formula wanted nothing else!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"