Finley is here! Birth story & photos

5ara

Fin's mom
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just wanted to announce the birth of my beautiful boy, Finley Christopher Owen Hyde. He arrived one week overdue on Sunday at 9:05 pm. He was 20.5 inches long and 7 lbs 14 oz.
I woke up that morning feeling "different" and even told DH that I thought it would be today. I went on a walk and started having mild contractions about 10 am. Wasn't sure if it was for real, or how long it would be, and it was so hot that I decided I'd have a swim. So I went swimming at about noon and the contractions really picked up. When I went home I took a quick shower and called DH to come home - contractions were already 5 min apart by 2 pm. When they got to be 3 min apart at about 4 pm we called the MW and met her at the birth center. I was 3 cm dilated and 90% effaced when we got there. Things moved really quickly and I started pushing at about 7 pm. I was completely without pain killers - it just went so fast I didn't even think of it! I felt like my body was completely in control. By 9:00, he was here! When he came out he had the cord wrapped round his neck, and had swallowed meconium. They had to cut the cord immediately and take him to be suctioned and given air. I also tore in a couple of places, 2nd degree (almost 3rd) tears which needed a lot of stitching. i didn't care though once my baby was back with me and safe.

We spent the night at the birth center and came home the next morning. He is so perfect and such a good baby. He has been nursing, pooing, and sleeping a LOT and his 24-hour check up was great. I am so in LOVE!

Attachments

• Finley 006b.jpg
    Finley 006b.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Finley 061b.jpg
    Finley 061b.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 21
  • Untitled 0 00 15-34.jpg
    Untitled 0 00 15-34.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Finley 001c.jpg
    Finley 001c.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 28
congratulations, sounds like you had a lovely nice birth, love the name finley and great weight too,

my second son is called finley and he weighed 7lb14 too.xx

LOVE the name!!! he looks absolutely gorgeous :) congrats xx

What a lovely birth story, sounds like the ideal birth to me! (apart from the tearing...ouch!) he's beautiful, congratulations! Xx

Congratulations! You did really well with the birth and he is gorgeous x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"