First AF after birth.....

mrsmummy2

Mum of 3 ❤
Reaction score
Oh my!!! Why did no one tell me how bad this was gonna be???
It wasnt like this with dd or ds1.... or at least i don't remember it being this way.

**TMI**

I've had to use maternity pads.. ive used about 8 today.... everytime I go to the toilet it turns the water red its soo bad... quite a few clots too.
Is this normal? Its been like this all day yesterday and today.

Hi mrsummy, how are you doing today, has it settled down at all? I've only one Ds and didn't have an AF until 14 months after his birth and it was all pretty much as it had been before hand. If you're still as heavy today I wonder if it's worth a wee visit to the Dr for a check?

Hi mrsummy, how are you doing today, has it settled down at all? I've only one Ds and didn't have an AF until 14 months after his birth and it was all pretty much as it had been before hand. If you're still as heavy today I wonder if it's worth a wee visit to the Dr for a check?
Thanks for the reply!
Its still the same today. I think I'll see how it is tomorrow and make an appt if its no better.

I think/hope it's normal as I'm in the same boat! The PP bleeding lasted for 3 and a half weeks, I've spotted lightly in between now I'm a full on red river right now! It's so heavy and painful! I have been back on the pill for a month though so I'm guessing this is what's making it so heavy and the spotting in between! Times like this I wish I was a man :haha:

I think/hope it's normal as I'm in the same boat! The PP bleeding lasted for 3 and a half weeks, I've spotted lightly in between now I'm a full on red river right now! It's so heavy and painful! I have been back on the pill for a month though so I'm guessing this is what's making it so heavy and the spotting in between! Times like this I wish I was a man :haha:
Oh dear!! Not nice. Although I'm glad to hear someone else going through it!
I bled for almost 6 weeks (first 2.5 weeks were SO heavy) then like a light period for the next few weeks... had about 2 days of no bleeding then a light bleed which I assumed was AF.. then Monday, 31 days later bam. Its like a massacre :dohh:

Wouldn't being the man be amazing in times like these :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"