First AF after giving birth or pregnant again?!

Buffyx

Expecting #2
Reaction score
I am 9 weeks PP today & am still waiting on my first AF.

My Bub is formula fed & we haven't been using contraception.

I have all the signs of pregnancy that I had with my LO.

I'm so so tired, bloated & am having crazy vivid dreams every night. I also have a heap of CM - varies from watery to creamy from day to day. Have also been super irritable the past 3 days in particular.

I tested 2 days ago & it was a BFN.

Anyone care to shed some light? Does it sound like it might just be my first AF preparing to arrive?

It sounds to me like you're just preparing for your first AF. The CM could be signs that you're ovulating (which means that you will have your first period in a couple of weeks), so I would be careful if you do not want to get pregnant again. :hugs:

I've had cm pretty steadily over the past couple of weeks. It just changes consistency from day to day.

I actually said to DH about 2 weeks ago that I thought I might have been ovulating!

Wow... you're really lucky! I started my first post partum period with DS (he had to be formula fed because he was a finicky eater from birth and we had to see exactly how many ounces he was eating at a time) only 6-7 weeks postpartum. The fact that you're late could mean you're pregnant again, or it could simply be your body bouncing back from birth. I know I still felt pregnant for a few months after I gave birth from my hormones changing.

Wow... you're really lucky! I started my first post partum period with DS (he had to be formula fed because he was a finicky eater from birth and we had to see exactly how many ounces he was eating at a time) only 6-7 weeks postpartum. The fact that you're late could mean you're pregnant again, or it could simply be your body bouncing back from birth. I know I still felt pregnant for a few months after I gave birth from my hormones changing.

I tested with a BFN, but with my DD I got all these symptoms & then a week later got a BFP. I'm just not sure what to expect with this first AF!

I didn't feel pregnant after I gave birth, which is why I feel pregnant now. I just all of a sudden about 5 days ago became ridiculously tired! And the thought came over me that I could be pregnant. It was my first symptom with DD.

Only time will tell I suppose. I just wish I knew what this first AF was meant to be like?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"