First AF is here .... ouch

truly_blessed

Loving being a new mummy
Reaction score
Well I think it's arrived and boy is it hurting. Bad cramps so I've had to take the painkillers they gave me after d&c. Hopefully will ease by the time I go to bed then I can get some sleep.

:hugs:

Awww hun sorry to hear that it's painful - hopefully it'll ease off once you've taken some painkillers.

Just think at least it's come and its another step in the right direction.

The first one is always the worst! Make sure you keep a hot water bottle on your tummy and take ibrupen (sp?) and paracetamol alternatively!

:hugs:

oh I know that but never had cramps this strong before, I'll get through them tho, I'm a woman :flower: thanks hun x

thanks nosycow, will find the hot water bottle I borrowed off MIL for after D&C but never use it. I've got some co-drydomol left from the hospital as well so will take them until they've been used up.

Oh hun, huge :hugs: - it is horrible. Worst AF I ever had. Be prepared to bleed a little more than usual. :hugs:

ah thanks Drazic, just dug the last of the mattress pads out and waiting for hot water bottle. OH had given it back to MIL. He was on a promise as well as bleeding finally stopped from op a few days ago and he'd been and bought some special hats, ah well never mind.

I had the worst pains ever so I can sympathise! You just need to rest and lie down, strong painkillers,warm baths and hot water bottles eased my pain a little bit x

Oh huni so sorry to hear you're in pain, but pleased you've got your first af as your body's obviously getting back on track. I hope you're over the worst soon and you start to feel better. xxx

well it was here, for that night, then it went away and left me alone for a few days. woke up this morning to let the dog out and felt something wet in my NEW pjs! (sorry TMI) so ran back upstairs and it's here again. Cramps are back too.

I got back in bed tho and OH went to get me hot water bottle and some tea then came back and said he thought the dog had cut is paw in the kitchen as I'd spotted running back up to the bathroom .... whoops. So I've had the painkillers again and got the hot water bottle again and we'll see what happens this time. Might be over this by the end of the year with a bit of luck. I'm fine tho, just wanted to post this for others who might experience the same later and worry.

Merry Christmas all xx

Hope AF is not too unkind to you now she has returned xxx

I'm fine tho, just wanted to post this for others who might experience the same later and worry.

Glad to hear your ok and thank you for posting as I know there are probably going to be a few of us going through this ourselves over the next few weeks so it's good to know what to possibly expect.

I am carrying stupid mattress pads with me everywhere I go just in case. In a way I just want it to come now so I can get it out of the way - this is like the final hurdle as once I get through this I know my body has come full circle and then I can decide what I want to do about trying again.

thanks for posting and hope you feel better soon... good to know ahead of time that the first af will be more painful. luckily have lots of pain killers from my mmc as well!

Thanks for posting, I know what to expect now (but will have to provide my own painkillers lol)

oh boy was I glad to find this post. At least am not on my own. AF is due any day soon, am not bleeding just yet. This will be my first AF after the D&C, Today am getting major cramps they are very unbareable and they come and go, the last few actually doubled me over. Lucky for me I still have some codeine that were given to me by the hospital, I guess i should find the hotwater bottle and prepare for the worst eeek! Thanks for posting TB, hope yours have subsided.

the bleeding wasn't too heavy but there was a load of brown stuff came out on day 3. the pain, however, was excruciating but fortunately only lasted a few hours. seems to have left me be now. hopefully for another 28 days.:)

ok this is right peeing me off now. spoke to soon last night and woken up by familiar pains at 5am then bright red blood. managed to grab another half hours sleep with hot water bottle as up at 7 for work. pain had eased again now but still bleeding. just wish it would hurry up and make It's mind up.

and why is match of the day on BBC1 at this time?????? grrrrr

just when I was convinced it was gone again ... it returns, 10 pm on New Years Eve and the absolute worst cramps I have ever had in my life. Went on for about 4 hours whilst I was in the middle of having a house party. I went to the toilet when I felt the first cramps and when I looked afterwards it was full of blood with a lot of tissue at the bottom just like after the D&C. This happened another couple of times in the followign 2 hours. Really did quite worry me last night but by 3am when we were going to bed the cramps and the bleeding had eased off. I'm gaining some comfort from the fact that it was all bright red fresh blood last night whereas throughout the last week its been very dark brown. Again, hopefully that's it over with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->