First Appointment - Bring Husband?

heather2629

Reaction score
My first prenatal appointment is two weeks from today! I hope I don't jinx myself by asking about this early, but I'm wondering if anyone brought their significant other to the first appointment? I'll be 8 weeks, so they should do a scan and maybe we'll hear a heartbeat (fingers crossed), but I didn't want OH to feel like he's the only guy there.

Is it too soon to bring him along? I know it's personal opinion, but I'm hoping for some advice! This is our first pregnancy, and everything is all so very new.

Thanks, ladies!

The ob specifically asks for the father to be at the first appointment where we are at so that they can get some medical history.

My husband came to every single one of my ob appointments with my first and will most likely come to most of these. My 8 week appointment wasn't a scan or anything. They just took blood work and went through some paperwork

Yes I took OH with me he answers all the questions about his family history etc plus for me I just like him to be involved xx

I brought DH with my when I had scans at 6w and 9w.

When I have my next scan at 12w he wont be there, but with our daughter came to the 20w to get gender.

It is completely up to both of you whether he comes or not. But trust me he won't be the only dad there...they have just as much right as momma...

H&H 9mo to you :flower:

Thanks, everyone! That makes me feel better about dragging him along. I hadn't thought about the fact that dads have just as much right to go as moms! :) Now hopefully he can get the time off from work to join me!

My DH came to most of our firsts appt and has been to everyone of this baby's appt. our drs office encourages dads to come along and be as involved as possible :)
I think if he is able to get off work easily he should go :) we've seen the baby at every appt. on an u/s and he loves seeing baby wiggle around....plus I think it makes it more real for them.

Yes, take him along with you if he can take the time off. My hubby won't be able to make most of my appts :( and he's sad as he would like to be at all of them.

My husband went to every single pregnancy related appointment, even if it was just getting blood drawn. My OB loved him and said he wished he had more couples like us. So definitely not too soon! We got to see our baby for the first time together at 7 weeks, and it was wonderful to share that experience. :flower:

My husband went to every single pregnancy related appointment, even if it was just getting blood drawn. My OB loved him and said he wished he had more couples like us. So definitely not too soon! We got to see our baby for the first time together at 7 weeks, and it was wonderful to share that experience. :flower:

Blame it on the pregnancy hormones, but that makes me so emotional! The thought of seeing our baby for the first together... he's definitely going with me!

Definitely take him! My ob office always has a few men in it that came to see their babies. Dh went to my first two appts with me where we got to see Peanut and hear the heartbeat at 7 weeks and 11 weeks. He won't be coming to my 15 week appointment as they won't be doing an ultrasound and he doesn't want his boss getting mad, but he will be with me at my 19 week gender scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->