First appointment?

BabyCleo

New mama to Lily-Grace
Reaction score
Hi everyone :) Just a quick question... when did you all have your first dr appointments? Im 4 weeks, so I know its early and I don't want to be told nothing is there bla bla. A girl I knew went in at 6 weeks and the dr told her she miscarried without a doubt when she didn't! im terrified of this happening to me, when is a good time to go in? thanks :)

The earliest I could schedule my first appointment was 8 weeks. I am sure if I have any worrisome symtoms (eg cramping or bleeding) before then they would let me come in.

You should call and schedule your first appointment now and they will let you know when the dr will want to see you. They will go by the first day of your last menstrual period so have that on hand.

My first appointment was at 6w1d and we were able to see the heart beating. It was supposed to be an 8 week appt, but the receptionist scheduled me too early...but I didn't complain! I wanted an appt asap! :)

Thanks! I am cramping just a little, but I know that's pretty normal. No spotting or bleeding or anything like that. The first day of my last menstrual cycle was Aug. 20th, with 31 day cycles. I feel very tired though! :)

im 4 weeks right now and i have a doctor's appointment next wednesday. so i guess ill be just around 5 weeks if not exactly for my first appointment

congrats! Its exciting isn't it! Let me know how your appointment goes :)

I couldn't believe it when i called my doctor. They don't even see you until 10 weeks! Luckily i have been taking prenatal vitamins on my own since i found out and i am a fairly healthy person. It just seems crazy to me that they let expecting mommies go almost through their first trimester before advising them on how to take care of themselves.

Last time I was pregnant, they wouldn't schedule me until 8 weeks or something like that. I thought that was crazy! I wanted to get in there ASAP. But I was on vacation at 8 weeks, so I had to wait until I was 9 or 10 weeks. But I finally got there and heard my son's heartbeat and it was amazing! Especially because I had had some spotting that scared me. It was worth the wait.

This time around, I found out Wednesday and I haven't called yet.... I assume they'll schedule me for mid-October.

I went in to my GP to confirm and I was 5w3d (I found out at 5w). I went to my OB at 7 weeks for their nurse education appt and to confirm with them. My first U/S and next OB appt is September 30th and I will be 10w2d! =)

oh wow so I have a ways to go!! Im a bit nervous cause I have a little cramping, but I know that's all good and normal, I just really hate feeling that! its nothing super bad but I do feel it. Im so excited to just get in there and get going!

oh wow so I have a ways to go!! Im a bit nervous cause I have a little cramping, but I know that's all good and normal, I just really hate feeling that! its nothing super bad but I do feel it. Im so excited to just get in there and get going!

I wouldn't worry too much about the cramping :) I have been getting cramping on and off since I found out I was pregnant and the doctor didn't seem concerned at all. Just the baby getting settled in and the uterus is slowly starting to stretch.

thank you :) <3 ive been waiting over 15 months for this, so I just don't want anything bad to happen. <3

Ive had a bit of cramping too! I did some research and as long as there isn't any bleeding the cramping is actually a good sign. It means things are growing and moving around!! :winkwink:

My first appt was at 7+5. The cramping is totally normal. At times mine got as bad as pre-AF cramping but it has pretty much gone away for now.

ah that's good to know. I was worried today cause it just felt like AF was coming, it was so weird. DF tells me that "baby is doing renovations, that's what you are feeling" I had a giggle at that one :)

I would go round 7 weeks. You won't risk an inconclusive ultrasound at that point.

I hope these doctors who won't 'see' their patients until 10 weeks are at least ordering bloodwork in the interim.

I had my first appointment at 7 weeks. I didn't really like that maternal care office since they won't give me an ultrasound until I am 20 weeks! :nope: so I switched offices and my first official appointment and ultrasound will be on Tuesday, the 23rd when I'll be just over 10 weeks!

@tulip, what type of bloodwork are you referring to?

Hi iv just had my first one today and im 5 weeks and few days. Glad i went as have all info for midwife to get started and booked my blood test. Got some info to read and iv been feeling sick so got some tablets

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->