First Appt and Ultrasound <3

Chiochick

Reaction score
So, I had my first appt today and got to see baby!
Measuring perfectly at 8 weeks and 6 days.
Everything looked good and baby had a nice, strong heartbeat of 178!
I'm so in love with my little bean and SO is absolutely smitten!
US tech also said that I have a pregnancy cyst that could be causing some pain? She said it would resolve itself. I have no idea what a pregnancy cyst is.
Anyone have any experience with that? I haven't particularly noticed any pain.

Here's my baby!

https://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz235/ChioChick1/Mobile%20Uploads/20160818_125137.jpg

No idea about the cyst, but baby looks so cute!! :cloud9:
My scans have all been pretty rubbish so far, nowhere near as clear as yours! Can't wait for my actual dating scan, hopefully bub will be easier to see.

By pregnancy cyst, I'm assuming she means corpus luteum cyst, and they are completely normal. They are actually what secretes the pregnancy hormones before the placenta becomes large enough to take over. I had a big painful one with my son, but in my two pregnancies since, I haven't really felt them.
Cute little gummi bear baby!

So would she have mentioned it because it may be bigger than normal which is why it may be painful? I've never heard of it before and this is baby #3

Yeah, that would be my guess. I know with my first pregnancy it was quite large and the doctor felt the need to mention it.

Thank you for reassuring me. She casually mentioned it during the ultrasound and then moved on to other topics so I didn't really question it. I figured if it was an issue she would have said so but it was passed over so quickly.

I have a super giant cyst that has to be removed, but that is really rare. Just make sure to bring it up at th next appt and speak with your doc about it. They don't like to see a cyst over 5cm - good luck !

So sorry you have to go through that! Good luck with the removal. Do they do it while you're pregnant or wait til after you deliver?

They do it in second tri - between 14-19 weeks, eek!

I have pregnancy related cysts. Did she say where yours were and what size? I had a threatened miscarriage at 7ish weeks with baby 1 due to a uterine cyst near the placenta. Baby 2 i had one on my ovary that was huge. I was advised with baby 1 it would resolve and it did. Baby 2 it was so large I was advised that I could risk rupture and lose both ovary and baby, risk surgery and likely lose baby, or medically terminate and see if it resolves. Small cysts will resolve on their own or not present as issues, but mine were huge. They existed pre-pregnancy and then the hormones made it worse. So while I do not take cysts lightly, if there was concern your doctor is liable and has to tell you your options. If they didn't then the risk must be virtually non existent. Congrats on your cute gummy bear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"