First appt!!! Heartrate question lol

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by beckahdee, Nov 18, 2011.

1. beckahdee

beckahdee Well-Known Member

So I just had my first ob/gyn appointment and she said I was in-between 17-18weeks and that the u/s at 20 weeks will determine more lol but the babies heartrate was 153-154 and I was wondering if any of you believe in that gender theory of if it's over 140 it's a girl lol it's driving me nuts lol

But now I feel like I can relax since I haven't seen anyone since I was 6weks it's nice knowing there's still a lil peanut in there:)

2. whispernikki

whispernikki Well-Known Member

Don't think there is any evidence in that.. Both of my boys and girls had varied heart/rate between 120 resting to 170 active

3. bananaz

bananaz Well-Known Member

Babies' heart rates fluctuate and what they are at any given time depends on a number of factors including genetics, gestational age, and activity level. The baby's sex has nothing to do with it though - that's an old wives' tale :) Congrats on your first appointment!