First baby questions....please help!

doggymum

Reaction score
Hello
I'm just 4 weeks pregnant with my first baby and do not want to talk to anyone i know as we've been trying for 2.5 years to fall pregnant and dont want to temp faint by telling anyone, obviously other than my husband! i only found out i was pregnant 2 days ago and literally since i found out have had cramps ( not bad pains) and almost a tingling feeling in my stomach...is this normal?? Am i ok? I'm not bleeding but it just feels so weird.
Also when should i go to my doctor to let him know i'm pregnant as i've heard people say that doctors send you away unless you are 8 weeks?
Sorry for all the questions, just need so help please!

Thanks all
xxx

where are you? I'm in the UK and I saw my doc at 6 weeks, and that was 2 weeks later than intended because I was too busy in work to make an appointment!

Here anyway, you should be able to talk to your doctor, but the midwife won't contact you until around 8 weeks xx IF you're unsure just give your surgery a call and see what they think x

hi, yes those niggly feelings are totally normal. They stressed me out to but the girls on here put my mind at ease apparently it is just your uterus stretching and making room. Not sure how is works in your area might be best just phoning reception and they will tell you what to do next. I had to go to a group midwife meeting at about 6 weeks although i could of probally gone earlier it was just the way it worked out with the bank holidays. We were all given a maternity pack with loads of info, our maternity notes and information relating to my hosiptal of choice. I then booked midwife booking in appt which landed at 10 weeks because my midwife was on hol for 2 weeks. That appointment was one on one and was basically filling in paperwork and taking bloods. Then i recieved my 12 week scan date in the post a week later. Hope this helps.

thanks Mrsrof and ally87 i appriciate your speedy response!! I'm in the UK, and know my best friend actually concieved last september and she went straight to the doctor at 5 weeks and tbh he was really mean and said come back if you are still pregnant at 8 weeks.....what a meany!

thanks Mrsrof and ally87 i appriciate your speedy response!! I'm in the UK, and know my best friend actually concieved last september and she went straight to the doctor at 5 weeks and tbh he was really mean and said come back if you are still pregnant at 8 weeks.....what a meany!

Oh my god that's horrible! I think everyone should have a doctor as nice as mine, he was just fantastic, told me that I was going to be a fantastic mum, did blood pressure, asked about folic acid etc, filled in the paper work and sent me on my way! Good luck, I hope you don't go to the same doc as your friend!! :hug:

some places you dont even see a doctor you go staright to the MW, call your practice say your pregnant and ask what next as each trust and practice is different.

congrats hun.

feelings are normal too hun x

I've got a week off work wc 20th June so think i'll go then, should be 7 weeks by then! thanks again for your advise!

some places you dont even see a doctor you go staright to the MW, call your practice say your pregnant and ask what next as each trust and practice is different.

congrats hun.

feelings are normal too hun x

Thank you! appriciate your response, its all so weird, still trying to get used to it myself!

I;ve had the same DG - First pregnancy, cramps.....I called Dr and he said it's normal, it's the ligaments stretching in prep....He said make a midwife appointment in 2 weeks time (this was 2 weeks ago when I was about 4 weeks).....xxxx

Congratulations!! :)
I went straight to the docs when I found out at 4wks, don't really understand how/why ppl are getting refused an appointment till 8 weeks I don't know why anyone tells the receptionist what the app is for when booking!? I never would for anything- it's none of their business! Anyway.. lol I received a letter with an app for 7wks to see midwife.

Also don't worry about the cramps I had them every day from 4-6wks, I was soo worried about them too! If u need reassurance I would book in with ur GP asap and he should be able to put ur mind at ease a bit

I'm in Canada and didn't see a doctor or midwife until 10 weeks with my previous two. I've got an appointment for 7 weeks this time though as I want him to prescribe dilectin if my morning sickness gets as bad as last time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"