first baby

annie23

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for some advice on deciding whether my darling h2b and I are ready to try for baby no.1.

To give you a little bit of background, we have been together for 7 years and are due to get married in 4.5 months. We're starting to think about a family. I am 23, and will be 25 (2015) when, if we so choose, we'll start trying for our first baby. I'm nervous, understandably, and really do not want to make a rash decision. We currently both work full time and are financially comfortable, we have bought a four bedroom home recently and have the space to expand. I am feeling the pressure of a biological clock and do not want to risk the health of my baby or fertility when we're in a strong position currently.

What thought processes did you go through when deciding "when"? And what made you decide that now was the right time?

Hi! Congrats to your upcoming wedding!

There is never a right time to have a baby! You have a baby and you will make the best time out of it.

To me, it seems like you are perfectly ready;))) and remember, it is not that easy to make a baby for everyone.

Thask you.

That's part of the reason I am leaning towards earlier, there's no guarantee a baby will arrive at all!

Welcome to the forum :). I think that all you can do is try your best to make sure you are bringing a baby into the "right" situation- that you can provide a safe and happy home, a nurturing and loving family- and then, if you want a baby, have one! There is no guarantee ttc will be quick (although I hope that when you do try it happens quickly for you:)) and if you wait until everything feels just right you might be waiting forever! It is a very big decission, but it sounds (from what you've said) that you are in a good position to have a baby.

It sounds like your situation is perfectly ideal but obviously only you will know when you feel ready :) I also think when planning when to ttc keep in mind how many children you want over all, what age gaps you want between them and the age you want to be when you have your last baby x

As I am 10 years your senior, unwed, do not own my own house and am currently WTT#1, I'm just going to say: a) things are looking fine and b) stop stressing about your biological clock at only 23 years old. When you are my age, you'll think 23-year-olds are only kids and you'll wonder how they're even allowed to procreate already ;)

I'm the same age as you. I've been married for a bit over 2.5 years, and we own our home, too. We are also getting serious about when to start trying for a first baby. I don't want to be much over 35 when I am done having kids, as I want to be a young parent and hopefully get to enjoy much of their lives and maybe even grandkids lives. It's a very hard decision, and like other ladies have said, you are never 100% ready.

Me and my husband were gonna wait another little bit to get pregnant..we wanted to have our car paid off and save a few thousand just for Leo..but I got pregnant while wtt, right after my husband (main breadwinner) lost his job. It was hard at first, but we ended up with everything we need..plus paid off our car :)
I used to hate when people said it, but there really never is a right time..You really do just make it work with the tools you have.

We are in a similar situation. The ideal financial scenario is to go into ttc with our 'forever' home sorted (we currently live in what we purchased to become an investment property) and a nice little nest egg to sort out the mortgage and incidentals when I'm on family leave. We have other non-financial things to do before having children too, but they are optional to some extent - the finances aren't, for us. That's how we'll know we're ready as we're going to be.

We will be ttc from late 2015-early 2016 so we are also planning a nice long lead-up to get all this happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"