First BFN after iui, dealing with disappointment

Babycakes7

Reaction score
Hello ladies :)

So my partner and I have just begun the ttc journey and have had our first failure. I had my first natural iui feb 5th and and af just showed her ugly face 4 days early:cry: i know i am being naive in thinking that we would get our bfp on the first try but i cant help but feel so sad. Any advice/stories about your time ttc are greatly appreciated. It brings me comfort knowing that we can all get together and show support for one another during these emotional times :)

I had my first iui on February 5th as well. I haven't gotten af yet, but I can feel it coming...expecting to wake up tomorrow morning with it. Are you going to try another round of iui next month? I feel your frustration and disappointment. I started to cry at work earlier because one of my friends was talking about how she has never gotten a negative pregnancy test (she has 2 kids) and all I was thinking was that I have seen more negative pregnancy tests in the past 19 months then anyone should ever have to see! Ugh.

My ttc story is basically in my signature. How long have you been trying?

Well we have just started to try and this was our first attempt (i know i should not complain) but my wife and i dont exactly have the luxury of being able to concieve together. This iui was completely natural as the dr saw now reason that i should not be able to become pregnant. I feel like the timing was off on this one but we will be going for round two in the next couple of weeks. I never thought getting my period would become such a sad event. I just have to believe it will happen when its meant to happen. Did af end up showing? I hope u got your bfp this time!

My period arrived Friday so we are also going to try again in the next couple weeks. I was so disappointed. But I knew it wasn't guaranteed. And it's fine to complain. Every negative sucks and is reason for disappointment. I gave it a good cry on Friday and then got excited about trying again. I go back to the doctor tomorrow morning to start the process again. I think they are going to change the drugs I am on because the clomid is making my lining to thin. So hopefully next round will give us both a BFP! When do you go back to the doctor?

I had an iui with clomid, potentially four follicles in January. Started my period two days ago. Back on clomid now without a trigger, will be doing another iui in two weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->