First BFP ever! / Maca Success Story

butterbaby

Reaction score
I have been monitoring my cycles for about 10 months and we've been actively TTC for about 5 months. I always had a short luteal phase of only 6-8 days and was thinking I was going to need medical assistance to get pregnant. I took vitex for about 7 months to try to lengthen my LP but saw no real difference. After some research I heard that maca root can also help lengthen your LP so I dropped vitex and started maca this month. Although this month was not the best timing for getting pregnant (going to Las Vegas in a few weeks, Mom will be away the month I'm due) I took a casual approach to TTC and definitely was less focused on it.

While away with my mom on a trip last week she told me she had a strong feeling that this was the month I'd get pregnant and even sent me out to buy HPTs. I held off on taking it cause I wanted DH to be the first to find out. I've never had a luteal phase long enough to test so when I tested at 12 DPO I honestly wasn't expecting a positive, I just figured the maca was working to lengthen my cycle. Well I was wrong, the test was clearly positive!

It didn't feel real so yesterday I picked up a digital and took it and another FRER, and it looks like it's for sure! I just pray now that it sticks :)
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/andrea863/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-06/20150602_090433.jpg

Wow congratulations!

How did you start taking the maca root? Do they sell that in a pill form..? lol

Wow congratulations!

How did you start taking the maca root? Do they sell that in a pill form..? lol

Some people take it as a powder and mix it into stuff but I bought capsules of 'gelatinized maca' (easier on the stomach apparently) and took 1500-3000 mg daily (depending on if I remembered to take it a second time in the day). Also let DH take 750-1500 mg daily as it can help sperm motility and libido.

Thanks for all the congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->