first bloods??

Stephytiggs

Reaction score
im so excited to finally be in this section!!! we are trying to conceive this month, i am absolutely petrified!!

ive been on the nhs website last night as i am very scared of needles - this is why its taken me so long to finally get the courage to ditch the contraception!! it says that blood tests are offered but not compulsary - what are peoples opinions of this?? has anyone not had the first bloods to check for diabetes, hiv etc? would it really be a bad thing not to get these done? im fine with scans etc id never miss any of those.

im tired of spending my life being heart broken when i find out a friend or family member is pregnant, and im putting myself through this because of these fears. im terrified of pregnancy and all the things that comes with it, so please dont judge me for thinking it would be ok to skip these tests.

I really do want to do whats best for baby etc, and if theres anything anyone can advise that would help me get through getting my bloods done id really appreciate it, id much rather be able to have them done, as im naturally worried about not having them incase there is something wrong that would need to be treated.

thanks xxx

I've not had any blood work done in regards to me TTC. I'm not too sure on this as I haven't heard of this before. Maybe you could ring the NHS helpline? Then again though if it's stating on the website it's not compulsory then I wouldn't worry... But to be on the safe side, if you haven't had checks for HIV, Diabetes, etc. Then I would get them done not only for the babies health, but for yours! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->