First booking appt, little annoyed..

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Mummytoobeexx, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Mummytoobeexx

Mummytoobeexx Well-Known Member

Soooo i went for a scan at 10 weeks 2 days due to bleeding everythink was fine the woman who did the scan asked if i had booked an appt with the midwife i told her no, she said well do it asap because downs syndrome test along with other test need to be carried out between 12 and 14 week, i went to the drs today for my first booking appt this was with a dr not the midwife, he said i wont need a scan untill 20 week :nope: is this right ?? he said aslong as family history is ok... he also filled my pregnacy health record which i thought was the midwifes job?? he filled in the family history but thats about it, I thought i was meant to have my bloods took to but apperantly not?? :?: He said the midwife will be intouch! Is it me or am i bein a lil mardy :baby:??? anyone else had booking appt like this?? I had a miscarrige in 2009 so would like to take extra care in this pregnacy

X

2. XxSamBxX

XxSamBxX Mom & Expecting #2

i have never heard of the booking appt with a doctor! I had mine with my MW and then had my bloods tested as you said!! i have had scans but i still have one booked for my 12wk scan!! i would get a second opinion if i were you hun xxx

3. Mummytoobeexx

Mummytoobeexx Well-Known Member

I think im going too! I have anemia i have for 3/4 years now, i told the dr this he just replied well you will become anemic in pregnacy :s Lol

4. gingerwhinger

gingerwhinger Mum of 2!

Yeah I would get on the blower and try and get the midwife number or something. That isn't right x

5. ljo1984

ljo1984 2DDs,2angels <3

id contact your dr's and ask for the MW's number and speak to her direct, you need a booking appointment and a scan booking asap. they cant say you dont need a dating scan! thats the whole point of it, to date the pregnancy and do the NT test if you want that. they cant refuse you one, and he had no right to say it to you as its not his job, its the mw's! hope you get it sorted. xx

6. 5-a-side

5-a-side Well-Known Member

They may well still class your scan as a dating scan if they took all the measurements (not saying they will or they should just possibly could) Get your local MW team number and by-pass the doctors, you should be under their care at 10wks not the doctors as far as I am aware.
    Good luck and push for everything you want.

7. XxSamBxX

XxSamBxX Mom & Expecting #2

I cant see them missing out the 12wk scan as thats when they get a definite age for bub!! I know every scan i have had my dates have changed and they always say i'll get a definite date at 12wks!!

8. AimeeM

AimeeM Mum to 3 Boys.

You need to see the MW. Ring the surgery and book in with her. You need your bloods doing before 10 weeks I was told by my MW so if your over 10 she needs to get then asap. Your right about the NT scan too, you get the choice and can't have it over 13+6 so nned to book in for that through your MW.

I have never heard of a doctor filling in the pregnancy notes. If you can't book in with the MW then ask for her number. They have to give it to you.

9. Cuffy

Cuffy Mum to 1 Expecting Twins

I didn't get a 12 week scan the first time so it's not guaranteed that's why so many people lie and say they don't know when last lmp was! But yes you should be offered blood tests at least to assess alpha fetal protein which then decides if you need further tests for downs, we couldn't have that as we have twins and it's not geared up for that. We declined the nuchal fold testing because we wouldn't have ha further tests to confirm it but it's your right to choose so ring the doctors and tell them your concerns. I'm in the process of requesting guidelines from north Bristol nhs trust as I don't feel happy with the level of care we are getting and my midwife doesnt seem to have much of a clue so you may well be advised to find out the same!