First Clomid Cycle!! Anyone else?!

Sharbear.x

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

Been ttc for 14 months. Diagnosed with PCOS 7 years ago. Always had VERY irregular periods, almost absent. Had OD+dye on Dec 2015 and so far managed to have 2 periods naturally IN A ROW for the first time in years! Both cycles were exactly 43 days. Which indicates the OD op regulated my cycles (would highly recommend this surgery to anyone ttc) which is amazing to me!

AF came today, so as advised, will be starting Clomid tomorrow (2nd day of period) which I am very excited about!! Fingers crossed!

Any other ladies out there who are experiencing a similar situation or have had successful Clomid cycles would love you to join my journey!! Support is always wanted and needed xx

Hello! I am starting Clomid my next cycle. I have been recently diagnosed with PCOS. I have not ovulated since coming off BCP last may. My last cycle was 92 days. I am currently on week 2 of a birth control pack. once I start my withdrawal bleed I will start counting my cycle days and take clomid on days 5-9. By my calculations I should be taking my first dose of Clomid right around March 31-April 2. I usually metabolize medications well so hopefully I don't have too many side effects. I am armed with expectorant and pre-seed to help in case I don't have EWCM, I am starting acupuncture in two weeks and I have two fertility massages scheduled within a week before my anticipated ovulation date.

I would love to be Clomid buddies! Please keep me posted on your progress and feel free to PM me anytime.

Have you had any procedures for your PCOS?
Since I was 16 I would go without a period for months! So after having Ovarian Drilling done, I had 2 periods on a 43 day cycle which is a miracle! I am currently on CD2 so I will be starting my Clomid tonight. I'm very sensitive to medications so I'll be taking it of a night time to avoid any side effects.
As far as I'm aware, I've never ovulated. I'm scheduled for a OV blood test on CD21 so lets hope Clomid works it's magic and I ovulate!!
I've heard very good things about acupuncture for ovulation. Might be something for me to try!

Definitely keen to be Clomid buddies! I will let you know tomorrow how my first day goes on Clomid tomorrow :)

So starting on 25mg I don't think causes alot of side effects. I took it at about 6pm last night. I felt a little out of it, lack of focus, a bit of nausea. 1 day down, 4 to go!

Hello ladies, I'm new to all of this. I have a 10 yr old son that I had the natural way. I'm supposed to start clomid next month when af comes which is due supposedly on the 8th and then my iui. Hopefully all goes well and everything happens when it's supposed too because this past year has been the worst. So any help and advice would be greatly appreciated 😊😉😎

I have not had ovarian drilling. I was on BCP for 13 years which masked my PCOS symptoms. I don't seem to have a very serious case of PCOS, thus far, besides my lack of periods/ ovulation.

Interesting that you were started at 25mg, I have read that 50mg is the most common starting dosage.

I metabolize medication well so I am hoping to have no side effects. I should be starting sometime next week!

I realized you last posted on March 14 so you should be done by now. How did the whole thing end up for you?

Hi girls! So sorry about the late reply! Been super busy and went away. Trying not to think too much about conceiving so that I don't go crazy!

I'm currently at CD16.
I must admit, my cycle on Clomid (25mg) was not very pleasant. I felt depressed, drained, tired. Had a few breakdowns over the 5 days. Was very difficult! But knowing what could possibly come out of it kept me positive!
On CD13 to CD16 I had quite strong pains in my ovaries and lower abdomen (fingers crossed ovulating pains!!!!). BD on CD13 + CD16 so if they were ov pains, was good timing.
I go for my ov blood test in 5 days and preg blood test in 17 days so I will definitely keep you all updated!

I get my ov blood test results either tonight ir tomorrow, will update you all as soon as I know! Fx somethings happened :)

Update! Got my ov blood test back. It was 38 so I actually ovulated yay!! Currently 1 day late. Bfn today. I have had slight af pains for the past 2 days though. If she hasn't arrived in 4 days, I will get a blood test.
I know not many are commenting but just putting my journey out there for other women ttc with Clomid.

Hey just wanted to give you some hope...we conceived dd on our first round of clomid (50mg)...after being told I would not release an egg at my cd16 ultrasound to check follicles. Boy were they wrong! I actually think I released an egg before the scan was done, but who knows. I didn't test until 12 dpo. The line was faint, but noticeable (as in not a squinter). (I would like to add I do not have pcos, rather only one tube due to recurrent ectopic pregnancies).

Good luck and I hope you get your bfp!

I know you said af is late, but do you know how many dpo you are?

Oh congratulations! Definitely giving me hope ☺
If I'm correct I should be 12-13 dpo. Still very crampy and pinchy and my breasts are super sore! Trying to hold out taking another test until Thursday for my blood test!

Af got me today :( And she is excruciating!! A little heart broken but at least I can start my second Clomid cycle tomorrow.

Sorry about af. Are they going to up the dosage for round 2?

I'm not sure. I never had a chance to see my gynecologist in time. My ov blood test was 38 which is good but I don't know if it's low enough to up the dosage to 50mg or if it's high enough to try again at 25mg. I take it at night so I might try to call through to her today, otherwise I might just go up to 50mg tonight.

Weird. My doc started me at 50mg and said we would up it to 100mg if I didn't conceive that cycle.

Yeah I've noticed alot of women have started at 50mg but my gyne insisted I start at 25mg. I've call her office and left my question with reception and they said they would call me back shortly after speaking to her. Hopefully I can go to 50mg so that I have a higher chance of conceiving!

Well they called me back and sure enough she wants my second cycle to stay at 25mg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->