First Clomid cycle :) TTC for 18 months

sarah34

Expecting baby #2
Reaction score
Hi all,

Bit of history - we have been ttc number 2 since May 2017. I have been diagnosed with PCOS and hubby has had 2 semen analysis, first showed 0% normal morphology, 2nd showed 2% normal morphology.

We were prescribed Clomid and norethisterone on 9 August, we were advised to abstain or use protection for 3 weeks and then start the norethisterone to kick start a period then take Clomid on days 2-6.

In typical, sod's law fashion and typical of my body, I randomly ovulated around the time of our appointment and started AF yesterday, 22nd August. (My first natural period since December 2017!)

So tonight is time for my first 50g tablet of Clomid and ultrasound is scheduled for 3rd Sept. Do you think I should be doing opks as well or just wait for the scan to tell if I am about to ovulate? Any advice on what to expect?

I would ask your RE if they think you should test for ovulation. But I mean it probably wouldn't hurt either way. I started clomid on my day 3-7 and the a second ultrasound on CD10 then that night had the trigger shot with the IUI two days later (Aug 15th). On that second ultrasound they will be able to see the amount of follicles you have and when they think you will be ovulating.

Thanks, i'm not sure if I will do OPKS, might just try to BD every other day from end of AF and go by the scan on CD13.

Took my first pill last night and don't think I had any side effects. I already had a headache and it was quite warm in the bedroom last night. Fingers crossed I get off lightly on the side effects and still produce a nice healthy eggy!! :)

Yeah that sounds like a good plan! That's good, I didn't really have too many side effects from the Clomid my vision was a little blurry at night but it wasn't terrible. I think I might take a test this weekend, it is incredibly hard to stay patient lol.

CD7 update:
Still no side effects from Clomid and I took my last pill last night. Does the fact that I haven't had side effects mean that it hasn't worked? I'm feeling a bit down if I am honest. Trying to stay positive but I just have an awful feeling that Clomid is not going to work for me.
We are continuing to BD as normal, which for us is every other day...ish.
Also, I know I said I wasn't going to do OPKs but I did order some and they should arrive tomorrow. I'm going to take 1 a day until they get dark then switch to 2 a day. I really hope this works.

I don't think that is a bad sign. I have read on sooo many other forums that a lot of ladies have no side effects from clomid, so that's completely normal. Do you have any dull ache in your ovaries? That can be a tell sign for big follicles from the clomid! Yeah, I would do whatever you want. This process is rough so whatever is going to make you feel better just do it!

I took a test this morning I am 13dpiui and it was a BFN. I go in for blood work tomorrow but I am 99% sure I am out this month. So, I should be starting clomid again in a few days when ever AF gets here.

Follicle scan today on cd13. I’m so nervous. I really don’t think it has worked, opks are still super negative so I’m expecting the worse. 😞

I am sure you will have at least one or two follicles!! Keep me posted! I am super excited for you! I am starting my second round of Clomid tomorrow!! Hopefully this is it for us!!

Well right ovary nothing, left ovary 1 @13mm and 1 @ 9mm. Going to be rescanned on Friday, hopefully it grows!!

Yay! Hope this is the one hun! Xx

Well I went for my second scan this morning and my little 13mm follie has now grown to 21mm!! Nurse thinks I should ovulate over the weekend at some point. I haven't got a positive opk yet however the line was starting to darken this morning so expecting it any time really. I'm so happy!!!

Awww yay! That is awesome, I am so happy for you! Good luck this weekend! I am on day 4 of clomid, I have been having hot flashes but that is about it for side effects. My next US is Tuesday morning, hopefully I have at least one big follicle!

I am so hoping this is it for you!!

That’s all I got really, and I actually got more once I stopped the pills!

Got a much darker opk this afternoon so I’m hoping for a blazing positive tomorrow :) xx

Yay! thats good! I am debating whether I should use OPK, maybe starting when they tell me to take trigger shot? (which I am so not looking forward to I cant stand needles)

I was never offered a trigger shot, kind of wish I had though so I know I definitely ovulated! I have progesterone blood test on Thursday but I think it will be too early, if I ovulated yesterday that’s only 4 dpo?

Yeah, I guess there is a certainty about the trigger shot but they are not fun! 4DPO seems a little early but who really knows, I am so hoping this is it for you!! I go in for my US tomorrow to see how many follicles I have!

Ooo good luck! Make sure to update and let me know how you got on. Hopefully you have some nice big ones! :)

Bit TMI but I have so much CM today, really thick and sticky. Never had that before - could be progesterone I think.

We definitely covered all our bases on BD'ing so just got to wait now and try not to symptom spot or test early! (yea right! :))

I had my US this morning, I have a 22 mm and a 15 mm on my right ovary and an 18 mm on my left! I am just waiting for my Dr. to call and tell me I can trigger tonight as long as my blood work looks good!! I have been having like whitish CM for the last week too I was wondering if it is because of the clomid. I tell myself I won't test early but I so know I will lol!!! I'm am excited for us, hopefully this is it!! Keep me updated on your 2WW!

That’s amazing!! Congrats! I am only a few days ahead of you so fingers crossed for us both!!

Do you have Instagram? If so find me on there and we can keep each other updated :)

clomid_journey_number2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->