First Clomid /IUI cycle

jjbubbles28

Reaction score
HI girls. So I have graduated to assisted conception:cry:
Trying to stay positive and hoping that this first cycle could be the one. I am 35 , all bloods, HSG, and U/S are normal. Hubbys (44) SA is normal. Tried supplements, good timing, and preseed /softcups. All to no avail. Have weaker ovulation than normal although I ovulate. So I have been started on clomid and now waiting on that positive OPK to go in for my first IUI. Would love to meet girls in the same situation while we wait :coffee:

Hi :) I am looking for a clomid buddy.
DH and I have been ttc for 3 years. We are both healthy.. I finally got prescribed to clomid 50mg last week and started it last night (cd5 -9) apparently according to the docs I am ovulating but not properly I also have pcos appearance. I finish my last tablet on Saturday being cd9 and have an ultrasound on cd 11 ( monday coming) a few hrs after taking my first tablet last night I felt a bit of dizziness and some small cramps on my overy.
I have read a lot of reviews and successful stories. I hope it works for us X

HI Zebrina :)
I also took my clomid days 5-9. I was nervous of side effects, but will say I was nothing but tired. Although my week was killer so maybe it wasn't from the clomid. :haha:
Are you doing an IUI also?

I never got offered to try IUI when would you do that? I was very drowsy last night too.

IUI is scheduled when you get a positive OPK and they confirm with u/s that youre ready.

Just thought I would say hello. DH and I have been trying for 18 months. In August when we met with our RE - dh's sa came back normal and all my bloodwork was normal. 3 days after our first appointment, dr. called wanting to schedule surgery for possible endometriosis. Had surgery a month later and removed stage 2 endometriosis. Was told that I was the most fertile that I will ever be following that surgery. Decided to try naturally for a couple of months before moving on to iui that doctor recommended. I ovulate on my own but we tried clomid in December on days 4-8. Went for follow up ultrasound on day 12 and had two mature follicles. Triggered that night and was scheduled for iui on cd 14. I got really sick and ended up in er due to dehydration and the flu. Even with clomid, trigger shot and timed intercourse (despite the flu!) we weren't successful. Life was too crazy in January and we started back in February. I took clomid days 3 thru 7 and go for ultrasound on Saturday (day 11). Hoping follicles will be ready to trigger and do iui on Monday.

jjbubbles - where are you at in your cycle? I assume from reading your comments you are done with clomid and just waiting to ovulate?

zebrina - have you ovulated yet?

Good luck ladies!

Hi Malinko:)
Yes, I finished clomid day 9. Am now cd13 and waiting for that smiley:)Praying it is Saturday since our schedules clash a little with work. How exactly did they diagnose endometriosis? They had done many preliminary u/s and found all normal except for slightly thin endometrium, but they weren't concerned. This process has just seemed so long and Im just tired. Im tired of planning sex , temping, poas, hoping, then crying. Insurance has killed me and barely covers anything so planning on clomid alone if this cycle doesn't work. Wishing you much luck on this Valentines weekend :)

Hi bubbles.

I'm hoping to hear that you had your iui!?! If so, how'd it go?

As far as my diagnosis goes, my RE suspected it since I had painful periods most of my life. However, pain doesn't diagnose it. He has had several clients with stage 4 endo and no pain at all. The surgery is exploratory when they can't find anything else. All of my blood work was normal and so was dh's sa test. Since I had painful periods and everything else was good, he scheduled surgery immediately. I had both a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy. I also had adhesions and polyps removed.

My follow up ultrasound showed we don't have mature follicles yet. Only 16mm. Hoping to go back tomorrow for another scan and see that they are 20mm. And then be ready for trigger shot and iui Tuesday night. Would love to hear how things are going for you!

Hey again ladies
sorry took a while to reply. I finished my last clomid tablet on Saturday and today is cd11. I am going for my 1st ultrasound today. Havent ovulated as of yet but most likely will be soon :)

Hey again ladies
sorry took a while to reply. I finished my last clomid tablet on Saturday and today is cd11. I am going for my 1st ultrasound today. Havent ovulated as of yet but most likely will be soon :) ps had no side effects only slight frustration and some cramps

HI girls. I had my first IUI last night. I got up at 430 am on saturday tested all day praying for a positive opk. just a blinker. Then Sunday 800 am ...solid. I couldnt take off monday am but got there at 5. I had one follicle that was 17mm and one that just burst. So they started the iui. Thats when it all went down hill. I had what they called cervical adhesions. So she had to break through my cervix. I have never felt pain like this. I was seeing stars as she pushed this tiny cathter through my cervix. She was able to do it, but I am still in pain. She told me that that may be why I wasnt able to get pregnant. If my cervix has adhesions, it will prevent sperm from entering. So we'll see. If this doesnt take then I need to go back and find out other options. Did the adhesions come back??? Where did they come from? can I never get pregnant naturally? Alot of questions, but honestly after my appt (2 1/2 hours) and commuting 4 and working 7 I was shot and painful and wanted to go home. So we'll see next month. I never had any side effects with clomid, just really tired. But I am always tired :sleep:

jjbubbles - wow...I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles on Monday. At least maybe you know why you weren't able to get pregnant though. And two follicles are good. With one that had just burst and another one there - you definitely have a good shot this month!!! Fingers crossed for you. Did they tell you had many million sperm post wash?

We had our iui yesterday afternoon. So, we can be in this dreaded tww together. My follicles on Monday were 21mm and 22mm. We had 8 million sperm post wash (they wanted at least 3) Did they put you on progesterone? I start progesterone tomorrow.

zebrina - how are you doing? How was the first ultrasound?

I didnt ask about the SA. I think I was just so tired and so frustrated for waiting so long I just wanted it over. The more I think about it, when i had my hsg there was no problem. so why now??? why havent i gotten pregnant in 14 months if this is new??? is this opening permanent? Its frustrating bc it wasnt my doctor either. So now if this doesnt work i have to talk to my doctor. My regular doc told me no progesterone. I check my progesterones at work, so if its low i could alert him. I finally feel better today. Im hoping it was all worth it.

How is everyone feeling? any nice plans this weekend? we found a dog on sunday and have been preoccupied trying to find this dog a good home after she is released from the shelter. probably better :)
I am working and then chinese and a movie.Under a big blankie cause it was 4 degrees here this morning.

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. Sorry for my lack of support on here....my father in law was rushed to the hospital on Thursday and passed away on Saturday. We are having visitation tonight and funeral tomorrow. Rough weekend to say the least. Now feeling doubtful about this tww. All this stress, traveling, etc. can't be good for fertilization and implantation. :( Hoping our precious guy is watching over us though and helping us get the grandchild he had been wanting for so long. It would be so bittersweet to see a positive pregnancy test next week.

How are you feeling? The progesterone makes me a little crampy. Once I get up and moving I feel better but if I am sitting or lying for an extended period of time, I get crampy again. My boobs are sore but I know it is from the trigger shot.

Were you able to find a good home for the dog you found?

I am so sorry Malinko. I lost my Dad 7 years ago. It is so hard. I wish you only strength and peace sight now. :hugs:
AFM my temp is still spiked. My progesterone was 22.7 on Saturday the highest its ever been, and I retested today. At least I know the clomid worked. Will wait out this next week and if AF shows wills chedule to see my doc and discuss these adhesions and conceiving naturally. If he finds no adhesions then I will ask for a clomid only 1-2 months. My little old lady dog will be released form the shelter on Friday , will bring her to foster on Saturday and pray she gets a home soon. Thank you for asking. I have not felt anything really, but my normal cramps (I never noticed before TTC:blush:) Weird discharges though. Very wet. I know gross, but weird.

So, 13dpo today. Tested this morning and got a bfn. Ugh. Any updates on you?

Sorry I have been MIA. First IUI did nothing. I did ovulate stronger on clomid, and had 2 follicles, but nothing. So giving it one more cycle . What about you guys?

Hey there! Been wondering your outcome. We are already in the second cycle (3rd cycle on Clomid and 2 IUI cycle). I had my baseline ultrasound last Saturday and finished Clomid yesterday. I go back again on Saturday to be monitored. Guessing IUI will be sometime mid-next week. Where at in your cycle are you?

Well, I did my clomid and u/s was hoping to O around next wednesday, but got a blinker this morning. Impossible for me to miss work Saturday. So unless it happens after MOnday I will be missing IUI. BUmmer this cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->