First cycle after stopping the pill / withdrawal bleed

wittlebaby23

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if everybody is supposed to get the withdrawal bleeding after stopping the pill?
And for those who didn't get it, Did your cycles just return to normal? I know there have been plenty of other threads about this but I'm more wondering why I haven't had withdrawals.

This is the first time I've gone off the pill and I've been off it for about a week and a half, The research I have done has said you get withdrawal bleed within the next few days so I'm assuming I wont get it at all...

Any advice/personal stories would be very much appreciated, thank you! :kiss:

I got withdrawl bleeding about 3 days after stopping the pill. It was a normal length period for me but then I didn't get another period until after a year later. Many people on here had pretty messed up cycles for at least a month after quitting BC, so I wouldn't worry if that happens. Withdrawl bleeding is common, however it's also common not to bleed until your expected period. I would wait it out for a couple weeks and if you miss your period when it was supposed to come (wait until it's at least a couple weeks late) then you may just talk to your doctor although its quite common to miss a period entirely when coming off of BC. Good luck to you!

I got withdrawl bleeding about 3 days after stopping the pill. It was a normal length period for me but then I didn't get another period until after a year later. Many people on here had pretty messed up cycles for at least a month after quitting BC, so I wouldn't worry if that happens. Withdrawl bleeding is common, however it's also common not to bleed until your expected period. I would wait it out for a couple weeks and if you miss your period when it was supposed to come (wait until it's at least a couple weeks late) then you may just talk to your doctor although its quite common to miss a period entirely when coming off of BC. Good luck to you!

Thanks heaps! I was expecting withdrawal bleeding a couple of days after I stopped because I had quiet bad cramps, which I never usually have after my period. And I'm still experiencing a couple of cramps here and there... Probably just my body figuring itself out.

Thank you though. :kiss:

I had my normal withdrawal bleed about 4 days after stopping the pill, then my cycles went back to normal, around 27-29 day cycles so far. I felt awful for the first month after coming off the pill though, my body was having withdrawal symptoms I think! Everybody is different, you'll settle down soon enough x

I had my normal withdrawal bleed about 4 days after stopping the pill, then my cycles went back to normal, around 27-29 day cycles so far. I felt awful for the first month after coming off the pill though, my body was having withdrawal symptoms I think! Everybody is different, you'll settle down soon enough x

Thanks endlessblue.
I haven't been feeling too badly, other then the cramps. If anything I've been feeling more energetic and not so exhausted (not sure if thats a side affect from the pill or not but it certainly feels like it could have been)

I recently came off the pill in late sept. Had a withdrawal bleed for five days, starting 3rd of oct. 39 days later and ive had two days of spotting. Its taking a long time to get sorted :/

I recently came off the pill in late sept. Had a withdrawal bleed for five days, starting 3rd of oct. 39 days later and ive had two days of spotting. Its taking a long time to get sorted :/

I stopped the pill mid pack and had a withdrawal bleed for 4 days about 5 days after my last pill.. and then got my period 23 days after that and I'm currently 6 days into my next cycle so we'll see! how are things?

I stopped taking the pill after finishing a pack (never restarted a new pack after a period) and my period came 28 days from my last one on the pill so I was regular right away. I was also regular before starting birth control.

I've been off her pills for five and half weeks. Got my withdrawal bleed couple days after finishing the pack, however I'm yet to get a period. It's getting frustrating now and I just wish it would sort itself out soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->