First cycle after stopping the pill

J_Harris

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if everybody is supposed to get the withdrawal bleeding after stopping the pill? Because, I sure as hell didn't, lol!

Also, my period is two days late. I've read not having a period the first few months is completely normal but, since I didn't even have the withdrawal bleeding I am kind of nervous!!

PLEASE HELP :hug:

I'm just wondering if everybody is supposed to get the withdrawal bleeding after stopping the pill? Because, I sure as hell didn't, lol!

Also, my period is two days late. I've read not having a period the first few months is completely normal but, since I didn't even have the withdrawal bleeding I am kind of nervous!!

PLEASE HELP :hug:

honestly, everyone reacts to the pill and coming off the pill in a different way. i had bleeding on time, every cycle while on the pill and then i had a normal bleed after stopp[ing the pill. that was one year ago this month. since being off the pill i have finally experience what REAL pms symptoms are and they sure arent nice. lol

your body will take months to adjust most likely but dont worry, you will eventually get on track with your periods.. af being 2 days late is probably nothing considering youre just now off BCP. of course it cant hurt to take a test if you think you might get a bfp and your af is a week late or so.. for me, cycles range from 25-29 days (thats from the 13 cycles ive had since being off the pill). if you arent already, i would HIGHLY recommend starting to chart...bbt, cm, cp, etc is a huge help when trying to get situated with cycles post BCP.

best of luck to you :)

As PP said, everyone is different but I had a withdrawal bleed after coming off the pill, my first proper AF a month after, and my next just under a month after that. But i was regular before i went on the pill. It does take time for things to get back to normal, but if there is a chance you could be pregnant i would take a test if AF doesnt arrive soon, just to be sure. xx

I don't recall a withdrawal bleed when I came off. I'd take a pregnancy test if your late! But chances are its just messed your cycle up a bit this month

I didn't have a withdrawal bleed when I came off the pill. I didn't even realize that was normal until I did some research.
I did fall pregnant the first cycle off my pill, so if you think that may be possible, then definitely take a test!

If you came off it mid cycle then you might not get a withdrawral bleed. Otherwise most people do get one (the same as every month) but it depends what is normal for you I guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->