first cycle clomid, a few questions

libbymarks198

Reaction score
Hey everyone I am hoping I can join you all! This is my first cycle on clomid 50mg, I have not o'd since i came of depo injection 20 months ago. I was hoping to start 2 weeks ago had some spotting rung doctor as I didn't know if it was my period or not, had blood tests and got told my estrogen was too high so not to take it yet, had another blood test a week later got told levels had gone lower but not enough they think that the follicles they saw when i was scanned the month before turned into a cyst?? then i went in a few days later for another blood test, got a call the next day (friday) saying levels are low and start clomid on sunday for 5 days then on the monday go in for a blood test and possibly a scan on tuesday to see whats happening.

i have a few questions I am still spotting been almost 3 weeks now i guess so i don't know if i am on a cycle, on my period, what cycle day I am do i am taking clomid with no proper period is this ok?
also how will i no what cycle day i am?
should i just start doing opks now?
When should we baby dance, we were doing it every other day on other cycles but got burnt out my end of month and don't want that to happen here if we o late but don't want to wait to long and miss o and a chance to get pregnant.
i try and bbt but i am a terrible sleeper never get more than half an hour at a time but i still do it anyway so hopefully that will show me, all though i will be having blood tests and scans to confirm o anyway.

Hmmm when I started clomid they have me norethisterone to induce a period before I started. I think I'd prefer to start from cd1. Can you ask for it? It's a synthetic progesterone.

GL xx

yeah i have had that before but they don't seen to think its needed, they said as long as my levels are low enough its fine, i think i have started a period yesterday now so I took clomid today i am cd 2 i guess

On clomid cycles I take the clomid for 5 days then start using OPKs about 4 days later and I usually ovulate 7 days after the last clomid pill. when I get my positive we BD and then again the days after till my ovulation is confirmed. hope this helps .

i am thinking we will BD on the day after clomid is finished then we will do opks and even if negative BD every 3 or so days and then when we get the positive BD that day and the next 2 then miss a few days and do it again. I am being monitored this cycle but still want to use opks as if its all go on the weekend i will miss out on scans blood tests etc

Hi I'm on my 2nd cycle of clomid on cd9. I took it 3-7 but got sick after 1st pill so only 4 days of clomid this cycle. Doc said that it's ok. If your doc is checking you, I'd relax and take it easy. I'm starting opks tomorrow. :)

On my 4th round this cycle. My dr. says that CD1 is the day you see any blood. I start my pills on CD3.... If you aren't having a regular period, I think they can give you something to induce your period. If you do decide to take the pills at anytime during the month and not sure what CD it is, which I don't recommend, make sure to take a hpt first. bc if you are pg, (miracles do happen) clomid will cause a mc.
GL to you!!!! :dust:

i am thinking we will BD on the day after clomid is finished then we will do opks and even if negative BD every 3 or so days and then when we get the positive BD that day and the next 2 then miss a few days and do it again. I am being monitored this cycle but still want to use opks as if its all go on the weekend i will miss out on scans blood tests etc

BD every other day after you finish the clomid until at least you get your blood test. It's hard for us too, and the last month we did not bd enough. My dr. says is REALLY important to BDEOD. bc opks can miss the surge... :kiss::hugs::dust:

I don't think I will miss ovukation as my cycle is tracked my scans and blood Tess anyway but I just want to do opks as well I have never ever seen a positive on an opk so would be exciting to see that. Ended up getting my period in the weekend so doctor must of known with my blood levels I was going to get it or they are crazy physic! So really took it on cd 2 rather than 3 but I am doing what she said

I don't think I will miss ovukation as my cycle is tracked my scans and blood Tess anyway but I just want to do opks as well I have never ever seen a positive on an opk so would be exciting to see that. Ended up getting my period in the weekend so doctor must of known with my blood levels I was going to get it or they are crazy physic! So really took it on cd 2 rather than 3 but I am doing what she said

Sounds great! Scans and blood don't lie so you should be able to catch that egg. I wouldn't worry so much about anything else since you're being monitored so closely. Very exciting!!! GL girl!

Oh my, my english in the last message was terrible! Thank you for not judging me haha!!

No symptoms yet with the clomid so that is good!! although now I am hoping its going to work at least symptoms show its doing something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->