• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

First cycle on Clomid

april0628

Reaction score
Today is the first day of my cycle that I'll start clomid. I'm going to be taking it on cd 3-7. I've read some stuff on it but wanted to know what to expect from previous users.

For the most part I was fine on clomid, but I did develop a rash on my face that my co-workers were so kind to point out. :dohh:
I also ovulated earlier than usual.

When I actually did the opk it showed I ovulated early as well but on the day 21 test it showed I hadn't. I also have pcos which can throw them off I've heard.

Ahhh, see I am not sure whether I have PCOS, or what it was that was keeping me from ovulating. When I did my first Day 21 tests my progesterone levels were ridiculous in how low they were.

My doctor has a funny way of wording things. She said: "we can run a bunch of expensive tests to see what the reasons are as to why you are not ovulating, or we can skip the tests and work on getting you pregnant asap."

Obviously I chose the latter, lol. :blush:

I got pregnant on my third round. It was funny, I was very down leading up to it, but once I got on it I was able to maintain a very positive attitude. I went in expecting to NOT get pregnant immediately.

These are U.S. numbers:
My first round of clomid my progesterone went up to 10. The doctor increased the dosage to 100 mg.
Second round of clomid my progesterone was 28, so we kept it at 100. In all honesty, I think for the second round it was poor timing on mine and my hubby's part.
Third round progesterone was 74, and I was pregnant by then. We had been traveling overseas, and I had not adjusted to the time shift. I was laying in bed, wide awake, and decided to check out my CM. I woke my poor hubby out of a dead sleep to have sex, I just KNEW I was ovulating.

Of course, results can vary from woman to woman. My supervisor's wife took clomid, and it did not work for her. She ended up getting the trigger shot, and got pregnant immediately. Just stay positive. :) With all that modern medicine can do for us these days, the chances are in YOUR favor. :)

Thanks for all the lovely advice. It's nice hearing positive outcomes like yours. It gives me a better outlook on this whole process.

I'm on my second round of clomid. Didn't O on 50mg so I took 100mg this month. O'd on CD14 for the first time ever! Day 21 progesterone level was 65! Woot Woot. Waiting to get a pregnancy blood test on Thursday so I'll let you know:) Not too many side effects besides hot flashes and a little attitude;) GL to you!

Good luck to you!!! I'll be looking forward to your results. I ovulated last month on my own after losing weight so hopefully I'll get good results at the end of the month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"