First Cycle TTC. Using CBFM Advice please!!

TickTockBaby

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

So as the title says this is our first cycle TTC, I'm Using the CBFM so hoping this will help me pinpoint ovulation (as i have no clue about CM and am a shift worker so temping isn't an option).

Ive been consistently on BC since i was 17 so am not even holding my breath for ovulation this cycle as I'm assuming there going to be all messed up and take a will to settle. :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

Anyway, my question is really about the CBFM, AF started friday in the middle of the day so i wasn't able to set my monitor in the morning. The info booklet says if this happens to leave it and set CD1 as the next morning, which I've done. But I'm a bit worried that if my monitor is a "day out" so to speak it might make ovulation a day out? If that makes sense!!

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm brand new!!!!! :blush::haha::blush::haha::blush::haha:

Hi Ladies!

So as the title says this is our first cycle TTC, I'm Using the CBFM so hoping this will help me pinpoint ovulation (as i have no clue about CM and am a shift worker so temping isn't an option).

Ive been consistently on BC since i was 17 so am not even holding my breath for ovulation this cycle as I'm assuming there going to be all messed up and take a will to settle. :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

Anyway, my question is really about the CBFM, AF started friday in the middle of the day so i wasn't able to set my monitor in the morning. The info booklet says if this happens to leave it and set CD1 as the next morning, which I've done. But I'm a bit worried that if my monitor is a "day out" so to speak it might make ovulation a day out? If that makes sense!!

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm brand new!!!!! :blush::haha::blush::haha::blush::haha:

Hello, I am exactly the same as you and started trying this month using the monitor too!! Like you, I started my period in the day so missed my morning window that day, so I asked for advice on here and was told to set it the next day but press the m button til it says day 2?! However, I think in the grand scheme of things, it wouldn't make a massive difference as the monitor asks for the test sticks from day 6, so I can't imagine someone ovulating on day 5 or 6 and missing your peak, yeah I guess it can happen but it's unlikely.

I have had all highs since day 6, now day 11 so god knows when I'm gonna get a peak!! anyway! I think the answer to your question is you wouldn't miss ovulation as it starts asking at day 6 until it detects that hormone.

Hope this helps a little bit!! Good luck!! Xxx

Thanks for the advice! I thought that too about setting it as CD2 but the little booklet said not too. Pah!
I guess like you say it won't make that much difference. Eeeek its so exciting! Fingers crossed for you on your journey!

To be fair, you probably are right haha, I just set it as day 2 cause a lady on another thread it would be classed as a day 2.. Aw whatever, the worst that can happen is you use an extra stick, it's not too bad :)

Keep me posted how you get on!! Have you read some of the reviews?! Lots of women say they conceived first month using it!!

I want to write a review saying that !! Haha

Have you read some of the reviews?! Lots of women say they conceived first month using it!!

I have!!! Omg! Imagine if we could write that- it would be amazing!
I see your already a baby momma! Congratulations! How did your TTC journey go with your first?

Have you read some of the reviews?! Lots of women say they conceived first month using it!!

I have!!! Omg! Imagine if we could write that- it would be amazing!
I see your already a baby momma! Congratulations! How did your TTC journey go with your first?

Well to be honest, she wasn't planned. I came off the implant in Feb as I had been on it about 6 years and wanted some normal periods, they were a bit random, anyway, switched to the pill but later next month found out I was pregnant. So it happened straight away.. It's silly really cause at school, and parents etc always say to be careful of getting pregnant like it's the easiest thing in the world! When really, it's not. I really hope it doesn't take months and years :nope: But like you, it's first month trying to have enthusiasm and it's all new and exciting .. Fast forward to next December and I'll have quit lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->