First Doc Appt?

sweety2513

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just got my :bfp:on Saturday and called my OB this morning. They gave me an appt for Dec 13th. Does this seem right to everyone? Shouldn't they want to do some sort of blood test first? Did everyone else wait this long to get any information?

hey :) i didnt get my blood test to confirm until my first drs appointment which was not until i was 12 weeks

Im 5 weeks 4 days and had my first appt today. Then they sent me for blood work too. They also set up my ultrasound dates today... That seems late to me

Congratulations on your BFP!
I got my BFP on Nov 7th and don't have my first appointment until December 14. Seems like forever!

Congrats on your BFP.. I called on Nov 1st to let them know I had a positive and they said great and made me appointment for the 22nd which is next week cause I'll be about my 7 weeks they also didn't take any blood from me just told me to wait for my appointment.. Good luck!

Most offices wait until 8-12 weeks to do the first appointment. The main reason for this is because an ultrasound at 4/5 weeks may or may not show a heartbeat yet depending on when implantation occurred. At 8 weeks, they can properly get measurements and a heartbeat, which could be done earlier but not with all pregnancies. I'm an OBGYN nurse and it cause a lot of pain and stress on the new parents if they don't see a heartbeat yet. I got my BFP on the 8th and don't have my appointment until the 9th of December. They offered an earlier appointment but told me that the office still waits until atleast 8 weeks until the ultrasound. Also, some of the offices just don't have availability for NewOB appointments. If you are worried there may be something wrong, make sure that you go see your doctor earlier or go to the ER. If you decide to go, they will do an ultrasound at the ER, if they don't offer one, make sure you let them know you are not leaving without one. It is a long wait though! I hope you have a happy 9!

I called the day I got my BFP and they immediately put in the order for blood work. My first appt is not until the 21st but they already gave me my pregnancy chart to fill out, and I've had my prenatal labs done. BUT I'm overseas and I go to a Military hospital. (DH is in the Army) So that may have something to do with it because they're the main people I can see. I made it clear I don't want to shop around for a German Dr who speaks english lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->