First Doctors App! Scared... Progesterone??

Lauren25xx

Reaction score
I have my first doctors app today and I'm between 4 and a half weeks and 5 and a half weeks. I'm really nervous about it because I'm thinking that now il have made it 'offical' something will go wrong. Not only that but I'm worried he will make me take a pregnancy test and itl be negative or the line will be faint and that will indicate I'm miscarrying again.

My symptoms are sore boobs, exhausted and occasional heartburn.

Because I have had so many miscarriages I was wondering if it was worth asking my doctor about putting me on progesterone? Can he put me on it now I'm already pregnant? Is it worth doing? Surely I have nothing to lose right?

Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with progesterone? Xx

Hi, maybe you could ask them to check your progesterone levels if your worried, hope appointment went well :)

I would explain your fears and ask them to check your progesterone levels. I was given Crinone gel after both rounds of IVF, but I'm not sure how freely GP's prescribe it. Definitely worth asking though x

I'm 6+4 and have been taking progesterone since 4 weeks. I have not seen the doctor yet but my first blood tests showed very low progesterone. I had a miscarriage a few months ago so it looks like the progesterone is helping. Congratulations and good luck!!

If you've had multiple miscarriages then you should have your progesterone level checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->