First doctors visit....

AnotherMrs

#1 on the way!
Reaction score
So last Friday we went to the doctors to confirm pregnancy and do our first check up.

The doctor comes in and the first thing she says is, "Congratulations are in order!" Then we have our first visit, she asks how I'm feeling. (Oh I'm constantly throwing up, feeling sick, etc.) And then we had our first sonogram. The first words she say are, "Do you have irregular periods?" :( Yes... She moves the screen to face me and my husband... "This looks like either a miscarriage or you're not as far along as you thought... Can you come back in a week?"

:cry:

So I go back after Easter. I'm nervous. Scared. And really, really sick. I spent all of last night kneeling to the porcelain god and most of today dizzy.

I'm just freaking out and really need someone to talk to. I don't know anyone else pregnant in my area or really my own age... So... Yeah...

oh darling bless ya, thats the worst feeling in the world , if you need to talk you know where i am, stupid doctor!!!!

:hugs:

Hopefully u ovulated late and baby is ok just smaller then you expected xxx

Thanks everyone. It's just a little over-whelming. You don't expect to hear anything but good news when you go.

So far, no bleeding! At all! Just another few more days before we go back and hopefully :thumpup: we'll hear a heartbeat!

My DR said the same thing.
I had ovulated later than we thought but she put the fear of Christ up me saying it looked like I had lost baby or possible eptopic.

After having a MC and ruptured eptopic before telling me to go home and back in a week was like someone sticking pins in my eyes.

I know its their job,no emoton etc but OMG could they spare a little tact for us when we are crapping ourselves.

Lots of luck and (((hugs))),I know you won't be able to thinl about anythng else this week.

is it normal for them to do a scan at the first appt tho ??

I would ask to get at least 2 hcg tests done in the meantime. waiting till after Easter is going to be very hard.
The fact youve got morning sickness is a great sign xx

is it normal for them to do a scan at the first appt tho ??

By the time I got to the doctors, if you went by my missed period, I should have been at 11 weeks. We were looking forward to seeing the little heartbeat and everything. It was just devestating... but, we're almost to Monday! I'm just trying to stay positive until then!

hi sorry to see your going through this :( i will be thinking of you on monday and hoping everything goes well and that you were very early on last time .

do you have regular cycles ?

x x x

i knoe its not quite the same but i was put back 3 weeks at my 12 week scan and ahve since heard lots of people say they were put back quite a lot on dates they thoiught were definate, so it could just be that your not as far along as you thought. hope the wait is not too bad, and the outcome is positive for you!

Was thinking of you hope everything is going ok!! Let us know we will be praying for you and your baby!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->