First ever BFP after over seven years of trying!

scarletred

Reaction score
Actually, misread my first test - was waiting for the cross to appear but it didn't so threw it away and waited for Aunt Flo to arrive. When nothing happened two days later, I took another test from the same packet and again, the cross didn't show. Was very confused as I had weird symptoms such as smelling burning smells for days that were completely in my head, bleeding gums and needing to pee... A LOT. Plus AF was very late - it all seemed to add up. I was just about to put the test in the empty packet before throwing it in the bin, when I happened to glance at the back of the box and it wasn't a cross test at all - it just needed a line...which was there clear as day for both tests! Doh!

Anyway, I'm now at 6 weeks and we are ECSTATIC! Odd timing as We're getting married in France in under two weeks so not only won't I be able to drink (well, the MW said I could have one glass of champagne on the day) or eat some of the food, I also think getting into my dress will be a struggle as my boobs have already grown. Luckily my future mother in law is a dab hand at dressmaking so I'm hoping she can work a miracle on the dress if possible.

Still can't quite believe it's actually happening. We'd pretty much given up all hope of conceiving naturally and was going to ask for help as soon as we got back from the wedding. A surprise, but very, VERY welcome and long awaited!

Still not out of the woods by a long stretch and as I'm 39, I'm at a greater risk of all sorts of things. However, I'm trying to stay positive and not panick at every single twinge.

Now just got to get past the ferry crossing on Tuesday Have tried out the Sea Bands, but it appears I'm allergic to the elastic and they've given me blisters around my wrists. Currently, I'm only nauseous when I'm hungry (which is all the time) and eating helps so I'm taking plenty of food with me in the hope that it will do the trick lol! Xxx

Awww great news! Congratulations! I bet you can't stop smiling! Have an amazing wedding!

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months! :happydance:

Whenever I see ladies post about their long waited BFP, it makes me so happy and hopeful. Congratulations and have a fabulous wedding.:happydance:

What wonderful news!! Congratulations on your baby and your upcoming wedding! I wish you a happy & healthy 9 months! :)

Congratulations! Hope you have a fab day with your little one tucked under your wedding dress. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months x

awesome news! love hearing these stories, wishing you all the best and more on your journey to parenthood

How lovely! Congratulations! Had you done anything differently recently to try and help getting pregnant?
What a lovely early wedding present - you must be so over the moon with happiness right now!

Thrilled to bits for you!! Hope your wedding was wonderful and wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->