First ever BFP! Do I tell family at Christmas??

Lightbug

Reaction score
I got a dollar store BFP for two days before getting a confirmation bfp with a FRER. I'm still one day before my missed period, though, but definite BFP!

I'm so unsure about all this! Is it weird to be too nervous to be excited? I thought I'd be bouncing off the walls, but being my first I don't know how common early mcs are.

I'll be 7 weeks by Christmas. Too soon to tell?

Congrats, and H&H 9 months. I think it is personal preference on whether or not to tell...I'm still waiting for my BFP, but it seems like all the friends I know have never made it to 12 weeks to tell people...in fact, most of them have told family and friends early on. It's such a hard secret to keep. I always feel like I would keep it a secret, but at the same time I think I would crack and tell some people. In fact, our friends last year (more like family, we always attend their x-mas eve), announced it to everyone at 6 weeks, and it was their first BFP. So I would say there is nothing wrong with it if thats what you want!

Congratulations!

I too a question should I get a BFP as to whether or not I will tell family at Christmas. I think we will tell the grandparents with gifts and ask them not to share until we are ready.

Either way, tell who you are comfortable telling! It's such a wonderful time of year for family either way :)

I think it just depends on how close you are with the family and whether they are your support system. We told our families early on because if there is an mc, they would know too. It's a very personal decision... Congrats on the BFP :)

Thanks guys! I think after I see the doctor and feel like everything's going in the right direction and actually *feel* pregnant I'll be excited and want to tell close family. I would want their support in case of a miscarriage, but I hate he thought of getting their hopes up and things not working out. My dad want to be a grandfather soooo badly, he's going to go nuts. But such is life, and I'm going to try to push all those negative worries out of mind. Stay positive=new mantra!

Thanks guys! I think after I see the doctor and feel like everything's going in the right direction and actually *feel* pregnant I'll be excited and want to tell close family. I would want their support in case of a miscarriage, but I hate he thought of getting their hopes up and things not working out. My dad want to be a grandfather soooo badly, he's going to go nuts. But such is life, and I'm going to try to push all those negative worries out of mind. Stay positive=new mantra!

Yes, definitely a personal choice. I will give my honest outlook. Look at it this way - if something bad were to happen, you'll have just that much more support behind you! We told everyone last pregnancy and we ended up losing itat 8 weeks. This time around we will be more careful. We told everyone what happened anyway last time, so it's not like it was a big deal, but it was hard answering questions over and over again. Hopefully your experience will be better and it won't come to that! I didn't realize how common they are until I had one myself. 1 in 4 they say. Then I found out a lot of my friends had problems too that I was not even aware of. Don't let that get in the way of being happy about being pregnant 'right now'. You should have your time of happiness, because nobody knows what the future holds! There are tons of successful pregnancies, and they are more common than mcs, so stay positive! :)

Most places do the first ultrasound around 7 weeks, so you may have one right before Christmas. Ask your doctor if you can get in. That way you won't have to worry!

Congrats!

I agree it is totally a personal choice. For me, I have a host of loss, all very specific to my body not to freak you out. So I can't always rely on people I tell to have positive reactions. So to get my fix I tell my BnB friends and I tell two close friends who I know will freak out and immediately start pinteresting baby shower ideas lol, but I know handle it well and are supportive if things don't work out. I wouldn't tell everybody else until I knew the sex (which I'm springing for panorama at 10weeks and would have the results at 11).

If you're thinking Christmas is too early, what about a New Year's announcement? It'd buy you an extra week

Congratulations! I told my close family early on but told them to keep quiet until I had my first scan and knew everything was ok before I announced to the world. I think telling family at Xmas would be lovely :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->