First Feeding Mystery?

BabySeal

Mom of a Baby Boy!
Reaction score
My 7 month old has been vomiting his entire morning feed (630am) every day.

After he eats it, He has a couple coughs, then it all comes up. My theory is because of mucous draining (cold) and making him cough, it triggers his gag reflex and makes him vomit.

Can anyone think of any other reason? or experience the same thing with their LO?

I am going to start feeding him next to my bathtub in the morning because I am sick of changing my bedsheets so often... cant aim onto the towel very well :dohh:

My DS did that twice in 2 weeks and it has been his lunch. When he is getting towards the end he gags a little and then everything just comes back up. He has had a viral infection for the past 2 weeks, so he is congested and phlemy. I spoke to a nurse and she said that babies don't have the control like you or I do when they gag. Now it has only happened twice in one week but she said that if it happens every meal than you have to be concerned.

My LO had this but due to reflux.. I had to give her about 2oz then give it 10 mins & then give her the rest of the bottle.. X

Yes, my LO sometimes does this, and it's usually the first bottle of the day! When he does this he projectile vomits the ENTIRE bottle and I have to change his clothes, my clothes, the sofa covers, and clean the carpet... really annoying. I don't really know why it's usually the first bottle... maybe because his tummy has been empty all night so it doesn't take a large amount of milk as easily. Could you try feeding him more slowly, like in 3 short bursts, instead of all at once?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->